Sports bra for biiiiiig boobies??

Options
One of my biggest challenges about getting good exercise is that I can't find a sports bra that will fit me! Does anyone know of a website/catalogue/specialty store that sells good sports bras for busty women (way beyond DD!)?????

Help!

Replies

• lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    BUMP BUMP BUMP!!! I really need to know also!
  • FamilyRoots
    FamilyRoots Posts: 27
    Options
    I am a 36F and what I did was bought a low impact and a high impact sports bra from Walmart and I wear them both at the same time. 1 sports bra alone just isn't strong enough to hold my big ole' boobies in place. I think I bought size 2X (they didn't go by cup size). Good Luck!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to find a decent sports bra since I passed a D cup. :frown:
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any luck either and it doesn't help that the web gives me three different possible cup sizes for the same exact measurements. I wear tight shirts to help support them for now, I hope when I lose weight I'll be able to fit in the "one size fits all" sports bras.
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My daughters friend had the same issue had to buy special bras etc... but did the same thing as FamilyRoots for the sports bra and she played vollyball all through high school.
  • JudyP0389
    JudyP0389 Posts: 46
    Options
    Try JC Penney. I found a really nice one and it even zips in the front which I love. I am also at least a D.
  • mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I pretty much just use two at once.... seems to cut back the issue, but when they are big, there's just not a good enough way to tame them down.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Here you go: http://www.biggerbras.com/freya-big-cup-bras-swim/freya-active-soft-cup-sports-bra-aa4391.shtml

There's more on the site of course but be forewarned they aren't cheap. My friend gets hers from here.
  • Kathy11174
    Kathy11174 Posts: 82
    Options
    I was in the same situation until I went to the outlet mall yesterday. I am a 40DD and I bought one from Reebok that is fabulous. I felt like a fool trying them on since I was jumping up and down in the fitting room but I needed to know. I also found that they run a bit big. I tried the 2x on and it was actually to big for me so I got the XL and tonight doing my exercise I didnt bounce. Tomorrow I am going to try running since my husband, daughter and I want to train for a 5K all together!!

Add me if you want to know how it goes!!

Good luck! Oh and always try them on or you will end up buying them and not being able to wear them!
  • heathhumble
    heathhumble Posts: 178
    Options
    Now I'm being serious! have you tried or looked at Victoria Secrets.I would think being the leader in women's apparel they would have what you need.Good Luck.:embarassed:
  • AquaAura
    AquaAura Posts: 105
    Options
    Birelli they make awesome sports bras for big beeps :) or triumph if you can get those brands?
  • mommyofatoz
    mommyofatoz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Enell is the only sports bra I will ever buy!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I double up on sports bras too. Seems to work well for me and cheap too.
  • OBXGal
    OBXGal Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I double up too..I've heard of gals using three, I think that would make me claustraphobic! Two does the trick for me.
  • TXMayFlower
    TXMayFlower Posts: 25
    Options
    I am a 40 DDD. And I got the most fabulous sports bra at Lane Bryant. The girls are in there nice and snug, no bouncing. It wear like a regular bra, so you could put a light weight sports bra (The fruit of the loom sports bras at walmart are good for "looks") and tank top over it. It just doesn't look like a jogging bra you're probably used to. I wear it for walking, Zumba, sports (volleyball, softball), etc. AWESOME SUPPORT!!! I tried to find it on their website, but this particular style is only in the stores. It's all cotton with satin edging, 4 hook closure and NO underwires.

ETA: It's the Cacique brand. And they will measure you for the correct size.

Hope this helps!!!
  • eresin
    eresin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bravissimo.com
  • sharonus
    sharonus Posts: 102
    Options
    Try http://www.championusa.com They have a "Bra Finder" that worked very well for me. I'm a 36D and I got the Champion 360° Max Support™ Sports Bra (Style 23565) on clearance for $17.99. No more of that uncomfortable bounce!
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD and I love Moving Comfort sports bras.
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!! But just for the record don't waste your time at JC Penney, they will not have what you need if you are past a D cup. Trust me on that, because I am in the same boat you are and my cup is 4 sizes higher and I have not been able to find a strapless bra, let alone a sports bra. I just wear two bras and keep it moving! Good luck.:drinker:
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    Haven't tried it myself by Enell are supposed to be the end all be all of sports bras - Oprah's favourite!
    www.enell.com
    I went shopping for a bra last weekend and was thoroughly frustrated by not finding anything over a 38DD. Buying over the internet is tricky with bras but I might have to resort to that.
    Good luck!