Diamonds in the Rough 7 Week Challenge: Round 2 [Week 5]

Options
Congratulations Diamonds!

I am posting the Week 5 forum early because I'm cooking out tomorrow and am not sure how much free time I will have! I hope you are all enjoying Memorial Day!

I would like to applaud you all for making it to week 5 of this challenge! During the past month we have gotten to know each other, and I am thrilled to be a part of such a supportive team! Let's go Diamonds! This week one of you broke out of the obese category, another found success with zig zagging, while others struggled with the TOM and hormonal issues. We did it TOGETHER, and that's what matters.

As a group we have officially lost over 100 pounds... 111 pounds to be exact! We should all be proud!

I would like to grant a very warm welcome to our newest Diamonds. Jamgal78 and Bballgrrl34 were both members of DITR Round 1, and I am thrilled that we are able to re-welcome them! Latoshia1 and Angmac1976 are new members, so please help them along! Newbies, please read the FAQ on the DITR profile page carefully and reach out to the members of your team for answers to your questions!

The Results!

Without further ado, here are this week's results.

Our individual winners are...

Biggest Loser, Blue Diamonds - Kathy (1.5 lbs)
Biggest Loser, Pink Diamonds - Chase (1.6 lbs) [Second week in a row!]
Biggest Loser, Yellow Diamonds - Starsnyc (1.6 lb)

This week the BLUE DIAMONDS have regained the crown and are our biggest losers of the week at 11.2 pounds. The Pink Diamonds and Yellow Diamonds trailed at 6.2 pounds and 4.1 pounds respectively.

The Diamonds lost a total of 17 pounds which, considering the changes in membership this week, is worthy of praise! Great job ladies! Let's keep pushing!

As always, we celebrate every loss! Congrats to the following ladies:

Baypathgrad - Lyns 1.4
Chasekilgannon - Chase 1.6
Countryrose7 - Molly 1
CricketKate - Kate 1
Cshine06 - Krystle 0.1
HungryMom - Maria 0.8
Jwill10 - Janice 1
Kaveril422 - Kristin 1
Kkmark - Kathy 1.5
Kristinmp - Kristin 0.6
Lydt5880 0.5
Miss_Jamaica 0.2
Momogogo 1
Morefitmom - Falicia 0.8
Nikkiws - Nikki 1
Nkfowler74 - Nicole 0.5
Starsnyc21 1.6
Zoe9636 - Zoe 1.4

About Round 3 of the Diamond Challenge:

If you missed the announcements, we are starting to prepare for Round 3 of the Diamond Challenge, and there are a few changes in order. The most significant change is that there will be TWO teams: The DiamondDolls vs. Diamonds in the Rough. You can be on either team. Chase will run the DiamondDolls, but will make no changes to the program. So, feel free to switch ships ...I promise I won't take it personally!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/251516-diamond-challenge-d-team-sign-ups

If you would like to be on the Diamond in the Rough team you have to wait a couple of weeks for sign ups. Both teams will operate in the same fashion.

QUESTION OF THE DAY FOR MONDAY, MAY 30th

What was your most fun life experience (or one of your most fun experiences)?

My Response:

I think one of the must fun experiences of my life was when I was living in France in high school. My host family took me water skiing and water tubing. I have been wanting to go back out water skiing and tubing ever since. Now that I think about it, probably part of the reason I have not is not feeling so comfortable in a swimsuit. That's changing quickly!

Diamonds in the Rough Guidelines:

- COMMUNICATE with your buddy and with each other! Answer the Question of the Day!
- Please use the link provided on the DITR profile page to weigh in on your weigh in day.
- Support, support, support! Who can’t use a home court advantage? Let’s cheer each other on!

IMPORTANT NOTE

In order to maintain some order on the forum, I will close the forum and start a new one every Monday.

5773088117_f947604a8a_b.jpg

Replies

• momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    111lbs! We lost a little person. Wow. We are awesome.
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Darn Tom had me messed up this week. Congrats to the big losers! We are doing great y'all!
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everyone fantastic

wow 110 its amazing . Blue diamonds we have done it again

Monday May 30th What was your most fun life experience (or one of your most fun experiences)?

Most fun experience would be being on a Air balloon in Egypt it was amazing seeing the sunrise and all the historic monuments up from there

Kathy
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    QOTD - Monday - - most fun life experience

Well, back before we had kids, my hubby and I went backpacking/camping in the Olympic peninsula off the Washington coast. Backpacked/hiked for 3 days carrying tent and everything. It was so much fun (yes, work too, but fun). At the end of the trip we found natural hot springs to soak in.
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO partner!!!!! and all the other Diamonds who lost :flowerforyou:
  • chasekilgannon
    Options

I would say it has to be having my daughter. She's a spirited little baby.

Also, some people are misunderstanding the Round 3 sign ups. The linked thread is for Diamond Dolls team ONLY. I will not be accepting members for Jamaica's team, she will have her sign ups later.

Do not add Diamond Dolls; if you want to be on the team, sign up, I will add you.
  • TrimmingTracie
    Options
    QOTD Monday May30

The most fun that I have had in a period of my life was when my daughter who was 16 at the time, was sitting around with her cousins on Springbreak and they wanted to go to Miami. I booked flights that night to Ft Lauderdale for the next afternoon for the 5 of us and a companion to help me keep an eye on them. We had a blast. We stayed 4 nights and 3 days. I also taught her how to drive in a convertible Seabring and we also hung out in Miami in the daytime. That was a moment we wont forget because it was a milestone for girl, she has pictures of her in the driving in drive-thru... Bottomline, nobody wanted to come back.

Went travelled with very little luggage. It was so fun.
  • jamgal789
    jamgal789 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

To date, one of the most fun things I've ever done was take an impromptu Spring Break trip to Puerto Rico. Six college kids who mostly did not know each other, came together for an amazing holiday. One of the kids still had family there, so we stayed with his uncle.

Rattling around in a beat-up old truck...we went dancing on the boardwalk at night, touring old ruins, hiking through a rain forest to the highest point on the island, skinny dipping in the river (ahem), sightseeing, to the beach of course.... We sat around talking, sometimes drinking and playing cards, had water fights... An amazing trip -- the memories of which make me smile and give me an aching nostalgia.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Great Job, Losers! Sorry if that has a negative conotation to it!

I don't know that fun is the word i would use, but one of the most wonderful experiences I have ever had was going to Hawaii. My husband had to go for work and wanted me to go. I was 7 months pregnant with my youngest and had 3 other little ones at home. I almost didn't go. I didn't know how I would get through 10 days without my kids (or, truth be told, I didn't want to think that they could get through10 days without me). It was an amazing trip. We had a fantastic hotel room up on the 18th floor with a balcony over looking the beach. Because my husband spent his days at work, I spent mine relaxing on my hotel balcony watching whales or walking on the beach. Total R&R for 10 days. I missed my kids, but I enjoyed every minute of the peace and quiet and rest that I was able toget on that trip.
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    QOTD response for Monday.....About 1 1/2 yrs after my mom passed I took my 2 girls to Germany. We stayed with my Uncle and Aunt and cousins. My girls got to see the places where I grew up and played. But we also traveled to Italy and Munich and a tiny town in Germany called Oberamerrgau. This town is where they have the passion play once every 10 years. It is also near the Nueschwanstein castle (sleeping beauty castle). We hiked the mountain to get to the top and took the tour of the castle. It was amazing. The nicest part of our whole trip was seeing my 17 year old and 6 year old daughters eye's lit up the entire trip. It was an experience they will never forget. That is for sure.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    MONDAY QOTD - What was your most fun life experience (or one of your most fun experiences)?

My very first concert. I was 15 and I went to go see Bell Biv Devoe. That was one of the highlights of my youth. I was a huge New Edition fan and BBD. That night was awesome.

Congrats to all the Diamonds on their weight loss and maintaining. WooHoo team yellow. Hears to finishing out the challenge strong:happy:
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    My very first concert. I was 15 and I went to go see Bell Biv Devoe. That was one of the highlights of my youth. I was a huge New Edition fan and BBD. That night was awesome.

I love it! My first concert was MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice. :laugh:

QOTD Monday: My sophomore year in college I studied abroad in England. I loved the history around me everyday. And we had short weeks so we could travel on the long weekends. I was able to visit so many amazing countries. My mom even met me over there for a week in Paris.
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    QOTD Monday: Most fun experience

Hmmm way too many to choose from but I think I would have to go for Microlighting over Victoria Falls in Zambia, sseing the rainbows in the water spray and looking down at groups of hippos in the water, who looked liked lots of kidney beans!! I just love Africa, once you go there it gets in your blood and won't let you go!!

Well done to all you losers!! x x
  • DiamondDolls
    Options
    Do not underestimate the power of the dark side *Star Wars reference FTW*

Haha, I'm tryin' to poach members!

Diamond Dolls is still looking for people, and I was going to bribe y'all with cake, but that seems kinda counter productive...

Only sign up if you wanna be on the Diamond Dolls team though, Jamaica is doing her own sign ups later.

Keep losing ladies!
  • DiamondDolls
    Options
    Stupid double post.
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the BIG LOSERS this week. I am determined to make that list before this thing is over with!! DAMN THOSE BLUE DIAMONDS!! LOL

Now for the QOTD, one of my most fun experiences. I remember going to the amusement park with my parents as a little girl and me and my day rode all the roller coaster rides together (my mom was too afraid). My dad is a jokester and we cracked up the whole time. I remember laughing until my sides hurt.
  • angmac1976
    angmac1976 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    QOTD Monday - Most Fun Experience

When I went to the Bahama's with my best friend this past April. It was our first trip since marriage and kids without the hubby's or kids. We had a blast. Relaxed on the beach and drank lots of yummy drinks (mind you I did gain 10lbs.. )
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options

Most fun experience would be being on a Air balloon in Egypt it was amazing seeing the sunrise and all the historic monuments up from there

Kathy

Wow, that sounds amazing!!
  • baypathgradLyns
    Options
    QOTD response for Monday.....About 1 1/2 yrs after my mom passed I took my 2 girls to Germany. We stayed with my Uncle and Aunt and cousins. My girls got to see the places where I grew up and played. But we also traveled to Italy and Munich and a tiny town in Germany called Oberamerrgau. This town is where they have the passion play once every 10 years. It is also near the Nueschwanstein castle (sleeping beauty castle). We hiked the mountain to get to the top and took the tour of the castle. It was amazing. The nicest part of our whole trip was seeing my 17 year old and 6 year old daughters eye's lit up the entire trip. It was an experience they will never forget. That is for sure.

Sounds like an amazing trip!
  • baypathgradLyns
    Options
    QOTD Monday - Most Fun Experience

When I went to the Bahama's with my best friend this past April. It was our first trip since marriage and kids without the hubby's or kids. We had a blast. Relaxed on the beach and drank lots of yummy drinks (mind you I did gain 10lbs.. )

That 10 lbs sounds sooooooooooooooooooooo worth it!