Im full...but cant stop thinking about food

Options
I find that even when Im full that Im still thinking of food. Ive been doing the fitness pal thing for a month now and have lost 7lbs. But I am mentally consumed with thinking about food. Every tv commercial....every fast food place i drive by. I think of food when I workout...in the shower....when I read...first thing in the morning & last thing at night. ALL THE TIME! Im not even craving a certain food i just want to eat anything and everything! Any suggestions are appreciated!

Replies

• Meeezonajourney
    Meeezonajourney Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I think about food constantly too but I turned it around to thinking about what good food I need to fuel my body. So I'm still a little obsessive but in a good way now. I stopped thinking about what I couldn't have and got creative with what is helping me lose this weight. Power through....you can do this!!!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Sign up for a cooking class or look for something similar on line so that you can appreciate food in a different way.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    What is your target loss rate / deficit? If it's 2 lbs/week, maybe go down to 1 or 0.5 lbs.
  • pineapple_pizza
    pineapple_pizza Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    What is your target loss rate / deficit? If it's 2 lbs/week, maybe go down to 1 or 0.5 lbs.

This. Perhaps you are cutting too aggressively? If so, try adding some extra calories in for a few days and see if it helps with the food thoughts. Or make a list of foods that you miss or feel deprived of most and try to fit those in your calorie goals for the week.
  • 33Chief
    33Chief Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. Remember that you are seeing good progress and let that fuel your willpower. We eat to livE, not live to eat. I know it is tough....I love food..
  • acmiranda7
    acmiranda7 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the obsession with food also. I have recently been all wheat and sugar free for almost two months, I've lost 13 lbs, and I no longer want or desire fast food. The wheat belly by Dr William Davis is very informative on this, as the ingredient Gliceride is an addiction similar to the opiate withdrawal. You have to completely sustain from all grains and you will kick the addiction in about 4 days. You also need plenty of good wholesome food that you can have when you feel like eating after you ate. I like European yogurt from Trader Joe's all organic and plain, mix with grapes and raw almond slivers, it feels like a real treat and its not cheating.
  • purpleposies
    purpleposies Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest what previous posters have said: maybe increase your calorie intake a bit and try to fit in some of the foods you miss the most.

If you find you are genuinely satiated, but you're mentally craving food (this happens to me a lot), maybe try to practice being more mindful? Every time you think of food in that craving way, perhaps purposefully redirect your thoughts to something else. It can be something as simple as trying to focus on the tip of your nose. Every time you feel your mind wander, bring it back to the tip of your nose. Or your breaths, feeling the air going in and out of your body. You could try journaling, walking, drinking water instead. Hope it's just a 'phase' so to speak and you get some relief from the mental cravings soon!