Need help getting motivated

Options
bbeimert
bbeimert Posts: 2 Member
Hello. My name is Brittany and I'm 23 years old. I was always athletic and healthy, but after having my daughter and working at a desk job 5 days a week I've put on quite a bit of weight. I don't know how to get motivated again, so I'm looking for MFP friends to help me get motivated. I would like to lose anywhere from 60-80 lbs at least. I'm very uncomfortable in my skin and I'm not happy with myself at all. I know exactly what I need to do to get healthy, but I just can't get there... It's a never ending battle. I've tried Weight Watchers and Herbalife and they both went well until I lost sight of the end result. I will help motivate and encourage you as well :)

Replies

• utahchic89
    utahchic89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey Girl, you've got this!!! I know the feeling with the desk job.....it suucks being stuck in a chair all day. And the munchies are soooo much more prevalent in that type of setting, too. At least they are for me. I have decided that specific programs don't help me in any way for my diet plans. Instead, I try to track my intake and watch my calories, but also pay attention to keeping protein hi and sugars and carbs lower. There needs to be a happy balance. Moderation is key.
  • bbeimert
    bbeimert Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you girl. The munchies at work are ridiculous, especially when you're tired and feel like you need to eat something to stay awake. At home, we eat much better & we don't really keep unhealthy snacks in the house. My boyfriend is athletic and healthy so he's a great motivator but at the same time it's not the same. He's supportive no matter what, but it's hard exercising with someone who is so athletic.
  • utahchic89
    utahchic89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling it right now sooooo bad, @bbeimert. :( I want to deviate from my food plan I put together this morning and it's so tough to ignore that want.
    It's so much easier to eat healthier around my boyfriend, too. He's in the military so he's fit and eats smart. But then when I'm on my own...my temptations come to light and I want to snack more. It's so great that we both have that other half to support us, but it doesn't rid the temptation completely. Ugh. It's an addiction! I have to get that desire out of my system!!