OVER 50lbs from my highest (pics) new lifter! Finally feeling good with my body

Options
abble_pie
abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
I've made attempts to lose weight in the past, but was never really dedicated to it. I was overweight as a child, lost some weight in college only to gain it back plus some. After seeing a few pictures of myself at my highest (below), I couldn't believe how big I was.

My a-ha moment was stepping on the scale at the doctor, and topping out around 200 pounds. I ate fast food every day, rarely got exercise, and felt awful.

I started myfitnesspal in 2013 at 194, and am now at 146. I started jogging at a track near my house, and then signed up for a gym membership. At the gym, I started with the elliptical and then felt confident enough to go to some workout classes.

In the middle of my journey, I had serious back problems that kept me from working out for weeks at a time. I quit going to the gym for fear of injury. I started doing low-impact exercises, I went for walks and did my walk with Leslie dvd. I started doing yoga at home and looked up videos for yoga for back pain.

I got stronger, and just 5 weeks ago I got serious at the gym again. I've worked up to 30 minutes on the stair-climber, and 10 minutes on the rowing machine for my cardio warm ups. I bought books and researched online about weight lifting, and finally got up the courage to do it at the gym. People at my gym are so friendly, and one person took the time out to show me all of the "big boy" machines and I have been doing those with confidence. I'm very proud of myself.

I eat between 1,100 and 1,500 calories per day. I have been concentrating more on hitting my macros and I've noticed a difference in my body.

I should add that throughout this entire journey, I've been on several medications with weight gain as a side effect. Because of this, the weight has come off slowly over the past two years, but I've kept it off and I feel so good. I can't wait to go to the gym and I love meal planning and finding new healthy recipes to cook.

This is when I started my journey, I was around 194 pounds.
unnamed_zps8d047895.png[/URL]

This is a photo taken the other day
face_zpstygb2hac.jpg[/URL]

This is a side by side of my highest (200+) and my current weight (146)
beforeafter_zpsqy2uqs57.jpg[/URL]

I've been lifting 3-4 days a week for 5 weeks now, and am starting to see some progress on my arms, abs, and legs.
workout_zpsfcxe0yr4.jpg[/URL]

Replies

• ossentia
    ossentia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look great!!!
  • jnettehuitt
    jnettehuitt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    BOOM!!! AWESOME!!! Thank you for sharing your journey! What an inspiration
  • abble_pie
    Options
    Thank you guys!
  • shaye8999
    shaye8999 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • abble_pie
    Options
    Thank you!
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Great Job. Thanks for sharing. You are a reminder that persistence pays!!!!
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL! Thanks so much for sharing this with us! SO happy and proud for you!!
  • nora_gettingfitnow
    nora_gettingfitnow Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wow...you look amazing. Way to go doll and massive well done on your achievement, you have definitely inspired me :wink:
  • abble_pie
    Options
    Thank you everyone :)
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Wow....gorgeous....you look incredible!! Congrats.
  • eshnna
    eshnna Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Your arms! :o well done! you put my little arms to shame hahaha.
  • Desert_flower3
    Desert_flower3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    amazing and motivational
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Love it! Good for you- you put in the hard work and you're getting results ^_^
  • abble_pie
    Options
    Everyone's kind words have made my day!
  • RegainFiks
    RegainFiks Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look 10 years younger.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience. Weight lifting is awesome and reshapes your body like nothing else! You look happy and healthy, way to go!
  • abble_pie
    Options
    10years? Thank you! And yes, love lifting! already losing more inches
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Looking good girl
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    INSPIRATIONAL!!!
    You look beautiful Hun...CONGRATS!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!