Exercises to do while sitting at my desk at work?

Options
So I broke my left foot and will be in a walking cast for another 5 weeks, so while I am at my desk are they any good exercises I can do while I am working that don't involve me leaving my desk and can count as exercises? Please help, with a broken foot I cannot get up and walk up and down the stairs every hour and I haven't hit the gym in a while and won't be able to for another month.

Replies

• CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    How about getting one of those small pedal machines. My dad had one, they can fit under a desk, and you can set the tension, and just pedal. With a walking cast (I assume there's that hockey-puck black thing on the bottom), that might work.

Then, some medium-weight dumbbells for arm work, like bicep curls and OHPs a few times a day.

Some form of stretching?

Also, check out some of the exercises on various apps like You Are Your Own Gym. You might have to pick and choose, but could do some of those?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    This won't be a desk exercise (unless you can shut your door)......google seated exercise

There are a couple of seated routines on JessicaSmithTV.com

Resistance bands are easy to take to work (and store in a desk drawer). Lots of ideas on-line

http://redefiningstrength.com/15-resistance-band-moves-to-do-at-your-desk/
  • Lajoiemomof3
    Lajoiemomof3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thank you for the ideas
  • heyyoutoo
    heyyoutoo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Punches, tricep dips, desktop push-ups.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Adjust your calories to your new sedentary activity level so you are not at risk of overeating.