How to avoid food cravings at night?

Options
Hello,

I feel so hungry at night, I control calories the entire daytime but, by night I fail.
Constantly craving to eat something or the other.

Replies

• thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Have a small breakfast and lunch. Then have a good dinner with a few calories spare for a late night snack.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    try to allocate a few more calories at night, find low cal snacks, go to bed earlier or try to strengthen your willpower.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I feel so hungry at night, I control calories the entire daytime but, by night I fail.

Night time eating has always been an issue for me. Now I plan on a late night snack because I know that for maintenance to be successful, I have to deal with it sooner or later.

I like popcorn. High volume, low fat and salty. I get a pretty good portion to munch on.
  • Pittgirl3
    Pittgirl3 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Try brushing your teeth and drinking water. That's what usually helps me. It's like once I brush my teeth, eating more food afterward isn't even an option. And drinking water afterwards helps me feel full.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    -Save some calories to eat at night...have a smaller lunch or dinner so you can eat a snack.
    -Keep busy...if you're doing something that requires concentration you're less likely to snack
    -Keep very low cal foods (that you like!) on hand. If I do feel the desire to snack, I often eat pickle spears. They are as close to zero calorie as you can get. Even if you eat a lot of them, you don't consume many calories. Some people choose baby carrots, or other raw veggies.
  • KateSimpson17
    KateSimpson17 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    like a lot of other people have said: save some calories for the evening... that's what I do, especially if I know I'm going to be up late. If you can, try going to bed a little earlier so you don't have a chance to get the cravings (I know that's not an option for a lot of people, though). Try drinking water slowly, or another 0 calorie drink without caffeine (sleepy time tea, decaff coffee, diet non-cafinated soda, decaff iced tea, etc.) as they will help fill in "the cracks" to help you feel full without adding calories.
  • heather0416
    heather0416 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Drink extra water after dinner. Should help you to feel more full! :smile:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Prelog your day to include that night time snacking.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    If you still have room for your cravings, just eat em! If not, I'd go to bed early or do something else to make yourself busy without thinking of food.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My hubby pulls out the big gun junk foods most nights at around 7pm. This is when I bid him goodnight and go watch tv in the bedroom.