• Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I love these podcasts. KEXP Music that Matters:

http://www.kexp.org/podcasts#mtm
  • krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Podrunner - you can find on itunes (podcast)... music specifically for running. No matter my mood or physical being (tired, exhausted or fatigue) I know in 5 minutes I will be in a zone. You can download anywhere from 125 - 180 bpm episodes.

http://www.djsteveboy.com/mixes.html
  • MFD7576
    MFD7576 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wow I didn't expect so many replies haha, I think ill spend sometime with iTunes and Youtube and craft a few playlists tonight. Im still excited for an irish rock playlist for running haha
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I use jog.fm and look for songs that are of the genre I like and that match my pace.
  • MFD7576
    MFD7576 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I use jog.fm and look for songs that are of the genre I like and that match my pace.

I have never heard of Jog.fm, I'm intrigued

• jalarson23
    jalarson23 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    MFD7576 wrote: »
    Wow I didn't expect so many replies haha, I think ill spend sometime with iTunes and Youtube and craft a few playlists tonight. Im still excited for an irish rock playlist for running haha

Same! I am so thankful for this thread...so thank you! Great question for the community.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    My running playlist features a lot of industrial, but the BPMs weren't quite up to my standards, so I adjusted them with Audacity. Ministry's "Just One Fix" sounds absolutely MANIC at 170 BPM. Prodigy's "Voodoo People" is another favorite, and the best song on the mix is Eisenfunk's "Pong" which I found on YouTube. YouTubeToMP3 is another great resource.
  • svirds
    svirds Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I really like rockmyrun.com - playlist are on the site according to bpm, so I can choose music to work on my cadence. You get one free download per month (usually 30-45 min of music) or you can pay a small fee for more if you want. Great site!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    MFD7576 wrote: »

I have never heard of Jog.fm, I'm intrigued

It is great! Just type that into your web browser.
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Amon Amarth, Whitechapel and Kataklysm are a must when I run.

And a little Black Dahlia Murder too.
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I use jog.fm to create playlists of different beats per minute (using spotify)