Scared to weigh

Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Oh. A lot of people are saying no. I'll fess up and say yes, I get nervous. But I'm a nervous person. Going to the post office gives me anxiety.
  • DeeJayShank
    DeeJayShank Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Long term change is what matters, not a single day. Try to ignore your weight on any single day and instead focus on the long-term trend.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    But I'm a nervous person. Going to the post office gives me anxiety.

Hello anxiety twin! ☺️
  • ljevans97
    ljevans97 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Long term change is what matters, not a single day. Try to ignore your weight on any single day and instead focus on the long-term trend.

You know I've never thought to do that, I'm so in the now I forget that it's going to take more than a couple weeks. But thanks for that, it actually makes me feel better :)
  • Pcarsley
    Pcarsley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh daily and most pros I talk say not to either but it's a matter of preference. I used to but got a bit fixated.
    Now I weigh at same time every week and although it may go up and down, but I keep an eye on the overall trend and fit of clothes etc. weighing is a poor indicator of weight loss as it fluctuates hugely (I have recorded as much as 6lb difference in 24 hrs!)
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I weigh most days. Some days I like it, some days I don't.

I have a wifi scale that transmits the data to my Fitbit account. So, on the days I don't want to see the number right away, I simply weigh myself before putting in my contact lenses. This way, I have the data to look at when I'm feeling braver.

I also use trentweight.com and use that as my current weight.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Anxious, no. Always hoping for a drop, though! :)

If the scale stresses you, don't weigh yourself. You can lose weight without stepping on the scale. Or maybe weigh yourself once a month.
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Nope

I weigh myself almost daily

I understand that scale weight fluctuates with water weight which has nothing to do with body fat and everything to do with sodium, hormones, change up in exercise
    <snip>

This. I weigh myself daily; I like the data. Even fluctuations give me a good picture of my progress. My weight may be stalled over any given week (or even a month), but I can still see a general trend.

I feel the same way, and at this point I can just about tell when I am going to have a "Swoosh."