Binge after anorexia recovery.

Options
Nicole_TJL
Nicole_TJL Posts: 1 Member
I've started binging after i decided to recover from anorexia and currently overweight. I've tried to stop my binging for about a few months to a year but have always failed. I totally lost confidence after i gain 10kg above my pre-ed weight. I don't want to meet anyone from my previous sch or my relatives. I really want to lose weight, gain confident and most importantly to feel better again. Throgh the support of the communtiy, i really hope to do that this time round and not dissapoint myself once again...

Replies

• tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Deciding to recover is great, kudos to you - but if you have tried several months to a year and have not been able to stop from bingeing on your own, perhaps you should consider seeking professional help. Community support may be helpful in some respects but it's no substitute for what you can gain and/or accomplish through a professional. Good luck
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Nicole_TJL wrote: »
    I've started binging after i decided to recover from anorexia and currently overweight. I've tried to stop my binging for about a few months to a year but have always failed. I totally lost confidence after i gain 10kg above my pre-ed weight. I don't want to meet anyone from my previous sch or my relatives. I really want to lose weight, gain confident and most importantly to feel better again. Throgh the support of the communtiy, i really hope to do that this time round and not dissapoint myself once again...

Go see a doctor don't ask random people on the internet or goggle it... go see a professional.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you might have just traded one eating disorder for another one. I definatly suggest talking to a doctor and seeing what they can do to help. This is not something random forum people are actually qualified to help. Well, unless said random forum person actually _is_ a doctor.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Your recovery team is going to be your biggest support. Please talk to them.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    You need to seek help from a mental health professional.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It seems that you are replacing one disorder for another one. These are all corrected by getting the mind corrected and then making behavior changes.. Think of it as detoxing from one drug by using another drug...endless cycle and avoid roads that leads to rehab..

You need to seek help for these disorders rather it be one or the other...it is just disordered thinking backed by behaviors you seem to be unable to control on your own.