Favorite Quest bars

Options
I love the cookies and creme and the lemon pie has anyone tried the strawberry cheese cake? By chance do they have a ginger flavor that maybe comes out seasonally?

Replies

• Iggy585
    Iggy585 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Strawberry cheesecake is my favourite flavour. I like cookies and cream and lemon pie but I always go back to strawberry cheesecake:)
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Mint chocolate chunk, double chocolate chunk, cookies'N cream
  • ffbrown25
    ffbrown25 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    chocolate chip cookie dough!!
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I love cookies and creme and double chocolate chunk .... can't stand cinnamon bun, mint chocolate chunk or smores.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Iggy585 wrote: »
    Strawberry cheesecake is my favourite flavour. I like cookies and cream and lemon pie but I always go back to strawberry cheesecake:)

Strawberry cheesecake tastes like anything but strawberry and cheesecake. It tastes like wet bran soaked in fruit juice mixed with cardboard. I work in a restaurant and my palate is quite good, but even 3 other friends said this flavor was awful.

I would stay away from the fruity flavors. The ones with fattier ingredients like coconut, chocolate, peanut butter, etc. tend to have a better texture and taste.

Cookies and cream is farrrrrrrrrrr better, but still behind the homemade version with three ingredients (oreos, fiber syrup, vanilla protein powder) and none of the preservatives.
  • bakerkate221
    bakerkate221 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've tried a bunch of them and don't think I've found one I didn't like. However, some of the flavors have a sticky or crumbly texture that I don't really care for (but I still like the taste). I think the chocolate brownie probably has my favorite texture.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    No they dont. If you search the forums for quest bars you can find like 1000 threads about them like this and reviews on all their flavors :)
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I've tried the cookies and cream, s'mores and brownie. Cookies and cream is my favorite that I've had so far. I did not care for the brownie flavor AT ALL. It just wasn't good. I definitely want to try the strawberry cheesecake. That sounds like heaven.
  • bakerkate221
    bakerkate221 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's funny... Whenever I see someone's opinion of Quest bars, it's usually either love or hate.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The only way to eat these is if they have been sitting in the hot car... I have double chocolate, cookies and cream, banana bread, smore's, and others and they are all just nasty... They are ok warm but the after taste of both the regular and splenda version are just freaking nasty...

edited to add the cinnamon bun one is just as nasty..

It is mud flavored with a huge after taste that takes an act of congress to get out of your mouth!
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    It's funny... Whenever I see someone's opinion of Quest bars, it's usually either love or hate.

I think they're horrible, you might as well just eat splenda by the spoonful because that's what it tastes like, but to each their own. :lol:
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    white chocolate raspberry is #1 to me (and my entire family), smore's (altho it doesn't really taste like smores, I do enjoy the taste very much) and cookies and cream come next, double chocolate chunk and apple pie tied in 3rd. The rest of 'em I'm okay with, except mixed berry bliss and banana nut muffin which are awful texture wise. Also wasn,t a fan of the brownie flavor, too overly sweet, not all that chocolatey.

And I think I have yet to try the PB&J flavor, but I haven't heard good things about it anyway xD
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I looooove the strawberry cheesecake! But chocolate chip cookie dough is my favorite. Especially if you microwave it for a few seconds, it's like a gooey cookie :) Just ordered a new box of them!
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm not very partial to their fruity flavors, but really enjoy the chocolate chip cookie dough, mint chocolate chunk, double chocolate chunk, and cookies 'n cream flavors. I also recently tried s'mores and enjoyed it, but am not sure I'd purchase a full box.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My favourites are cookies n cream, followed closely by double chocolate chunk, but must be microwaved for 10 seconds before eating :tongue:

I tried the strawberry cheesecake one... Not a fan at all! It tasted like a glob of super sweet fakeness, for lack of a better term.
    I was so disappointed, as I love cheesecake and strawberries.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    My faves are Choc Chip Cookie Dough, White Chocolate Raspberry, and S'mores. Double Chocolate Chunk was decent enough for the lower calories, so I wouldn't turn it down if offered but I probably wouldn't repurchase.

I definitely wouldn't repurchase Apple Pie, Fudge Brownie, Cookies and Cream (this one only because I can really detect whatever sweetener they use in it) and Mint Chunk.

I'll eventually try them all, but I keep reordering the flavors I love so I don't end up stuck with a box of a flavor I really don't care for (like Apple Pie...)

A seasonal holiday flavor would be a good idea. Quest should be rolling in the dough by now they ought to be able to invest in being festive. :)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Cookies and cream and chocolate chip cookie dough. They have to be heated up though.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I got one. White Chocolate & Raspberry, since that is my favorite food combination in existence. I wouldn't say it was good, but it wasn't horrible. No way I'd pay $2.50 for one again, though. Wasn't that good.

I don't know if they really contain the protein they say they do, but it was okay.

Kinda chalky with a tang and some sweetness.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Heads up: Jet.com has Quest Cookies and Cream on sale for $17 for a box of 12. If you buy two you get free shipping.

Requires you to join (free for 3 months or 12 months if you use the code "google" at checkout).
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I stick with the ones that do NOT use Sucralose which means the choices are limited. Starwberry cheesecake, cinnamon roll, and I believe chocolate chunk use Erythritol & stevia. They are all "decent". I dont expect a fairly healthy protein bar with solid numbers to taste like a snickers bar. Neither should anyone else. They are a great way to boost protein intake after a workout and thats what I use them for.