Fastest way to lose weight

Options
can anyone tell me the easiest and fastest way to lose weight? I know it's nearly impossible, but I'm still open to anyone's suggestions and advice that helped them? I'm count calories and work out frequently.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat at a caloric deficit and you'll lose. This is a process, it's not "fast".
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Eat at a caloric deficit and you'll lose. This is a process, it's not "fast".

This. You didn't put it on quickly and you can't lose it quickly.
  • lissiestel
    lissiestel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would say none of it is 'easy' but it can be simple. A quicker way to lose weight, without losing muscle, is to go low carb and even faster, to go so low carb you enter ketosis (eat less than 50g carbs per day) Not recommended if someone has diabetes or any other health problems. Search online for more info advice and warnings. I am 10 days in and 8 pounds down, which is longer than I have made it before. The keys for me are lots of nonstarchy veggies, protein for every meal and snack, keeping it simple, and always packing food and taking water.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Keep plugging at it and make sure you aren't actually eating more calories than you think and that you aren't thinking you burn more calories exercising than you really are. Keep those two things in check and the weight will fall off. BUT not at exactly .75 lbs. a week! Maybe two weeks nothing, then bam! a couple or three pounds in two days. And don't give up.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    lissiestel wrote: »
    I would say none of it is 'easy' but it can be simple. A quicker way to lose weight, without losing muscle, is to go low carb and even faster, to go so low carb you enter ketosis (eat less than 50g carbs per day) Not recommended if someone has diabetes or any other health problems. Search online for more info advice and warnings. I am 10 days in and 8 pounds down, which is longer than I have made it before. The keys for me are lots of nonstarchy veggies, protein for every meal and snack, keeping it simple, and always packing food and taking water.

Low carb isn't necessary for weight loss, a calorie deficit is. The majority of the eight pounds you've lost is water weight due to the depletion of glycogen stores from eating low carb. And you'll lose muscle no matter what.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Fastest way is

1. fill in your stats here on the site.
    2. weigh all your food on a food scale and log it here everyday and stick around your daily calorie allowance.
    3. keep doing this and start now

And that is the fastest way to lose.....

76145189.png
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    can anyone tell me the easiest and fastest way to lose weight? I know it's nearly impossible, but I'm still open to anyone's suggestions and advice that helped them? I'm count calories and work out frequently.

Eat less calories than you burn and you will lose weight. That's it. There is not easy way or quick fix. :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Pick your least favourite limb...
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit. Get a food scale to be sure your actually at a deficit.

Weigh everything you consume

Log it Here accurately

Stop worrying about fast results .

• justize
    justize Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Great advise! I started a little over a week ago and have gone from 173 to 162 and I feel great!
  • justize
    justize Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Great advise! I started a little over a week ago and have gone from 173 to 162 and I feel great!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

No, low carb is not a magic diet that will make you lose weight fast. Carbs hold water, stop eating the carbs and you lose water weight. Eat carbs again and you gain the water weight back. That has nothing to do with actual fat loss.

You will not lose weight on a low carb diet, or any diet, unless you eat at a calorie deficit.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options

@Alatariel75 that was going to be my response too :p

But seriously OP, losing weight isn't quick or easy.
  • Magenta529
    Magenta529 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Bahahahaha! ^this!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Don't starve yourself, get more active, eat at a deficit.
  • bunnywestley81
    bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

I was gonna say that...
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Relocate to the moon.