What's been your favourite thing about losing weight?

Options
What's everyone found that's their favourite thing about losing weight? Need some motivation

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Getting healthier.

Feeling better (more energy) and looking better.

Fitting where I once didn't.

Buying cuter clothes.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Having more energy, just feeling more able and willing to get things done instead of putting them off.
    Not getting hot and sweating nearly as much (some people complain about being cold but i'll take that anyday over being hot)
    Just in general liking how i look a lot more and feeling more confident as a result
  • melachey
    melachey Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've lost 29 pounds so far and it feels so awesome to go clothes shopping and buy smaller sizes. Plus I feel better-no knee pain-so I'm more active.

• KateSimpson17
    KateSimpson17 Posts: 282 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    All of the boring stuff: I feel healthier, my clothes fit better, all of that stuff,
    A random thing that I've noticed is since I eat better (especially since I very severely limit fast food and soda, and try really hard to stay hydrated) is I have a lot less breakouts, my hair seems healthier, my skin is all around better!
    I also love that it sort of forces me to cook. I've always loved cooking, but when you live alone and are just cooking for you it's easy to opt for microwavable meals and mac and cheese. Finding healthy alternatives and converting recipes to be the right size for just me is really fun... and, to be honest, I LOOOOOOve weighing things.
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Not looking down while walking to see if my shirt is being tucked under my belly. And not looking at every reflection (windows, mirrors, glass buildings) to see if my shirt is too tight.
    Confidence levels rise tremendously with weight loss :)
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Definitely ridding myself of lower back pain. After I started lifting weights it completely disappeared.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Feeling better all over--fewer aches and pains, more like a 30 - something than an 80 - something.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    SMALL NUMBERS!!! I like seeing the weight getting lower, the body fat decreasing, the dress sizes shrinking and the measurements losing digits. Super exciting to see those numbers.

I like the data! It turns me on!
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    compliments (But now, I'm sick of hearing it. LOL)
    not having bad knees
    shopping in general
    boost in confidence
    People treat you nicer.
    I'm not anymore the DUFF (designated ugly fat friend). If you guys have seen that movie, you already know what I mean.
    able to do 'fit/healthy people' activities
    People will ask you some weight loss tips. (I feel like a healthy geek talking about calories.)
    being told as their 'inspiration' towards living healthy
    before and after pics (seeing results)
    more attention to opposite sex
    having knowledge that WEIGHT LOSS IS NOT LINEAR!! So, don't panic if the scale hasn't dropped.
    Vanity??!?!?
    FEELING GOOD MENTALLY, PHYSICALLY AND EMOTIONALLY.

• SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Putting on a pair of jeans fresh from the dryer & not having to brace myself to get them up & zipped.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Clothes.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Having my husband tell me I look really good naked.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Getting to wear some of my favorite Ts again and looking forward to wearing others for the first time.
  • pzyxian
    pzyxian Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    your body will start to look more defined. I look better on the beach. I'm better at basketball.

By the way, motivation can get you started but won't keep you going long term. Have the discipline to follow thru.
  • shaboat
    shaboat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you look good ,all the clothes that you love fit you ,you proud of yourself because you wanted and finally you could , to me the most important thing is your self-steem ,you can feel it by heart
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Feeling my clothes get looser!
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing about losing weight is weighing less.
  • helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Trying on an old pair of trouser which are way to big and thinking 'Yeah, this is where I was, look at how far you have come'.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I go down a dress size I kind of feel like I haven't lost anything as my clothes are not baggy anymore. However it's the best feeling in the world when buying a smaller size!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    When I would go clothes shopping I would always find amazing clothes that just didn't look good on me, but would look great on a smaller person. Now I can wear great, imaginative combos that better reflect my personality and feel I can pull the look off.

If I never wear a pair of black trousers again it will be too soon!!
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    Having my husband tell me I look really good naked.
    Me too! ! :blush: