Question about iPhone calories adjustment

hi I am confused with this app about the 2399 adjustment while calculating the calories burned from your steps , it reads the data from iPhone but then it applies its own formula to deduct 2399 calories , why this app does this ? Does anyone tell me in simple language about this adjustment reason ?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    2399 ? Sounds like a bug. Too big an adjustment especially a negative one.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited July 2015
    Click on the adjustment in your exercise diary to see the math MFP used to calculate it.

And read this in the Help section: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1525167-how-does-the-step-tracking-feature-work-
  • MFD7576
    MFD7576 Posts: 271 Member
    Does the allow negative adjustments in the diary settings click box do this? I know the iPhone will take away like 60 or so depending on what you did, get you a free eat back snack if you really wanna but your entire days of calories burned? Seems like a setting is loose somewhere
  • MFD7576
    MFD7576 Posts: 271 Member
    From the Diary Settings field

"Calorie Adjustments:
    (Check box here) Enable Negative Adjustments

Change Handling of Partner Adjustments

If you have linked your MyFitnessPal account to a device or app that measures your total calorie burn (Fitbit, Bodymedia, etc.), check this box to allow negative calorie adjustments from that partner to appear on your exercise diary. Otherwise, only positive adjustments will be allowed.
    Changes to this setting will be in effect only for adjustments received from that point on (past adjustments will not be restated).

A negative adjustment means that your projected calorie burn for the day from the partner is below MyFitnessPal's initial estimate. If you are unable to sync your tracking device until late in the day, or if you don't consistently use your tracking device, you may prefer not to enable negative adjustments. "
  • editorgrrl
    MFD7576 wrote: »
    Does the allow negative adjustments in the diary settings click box do this?

Adjustments are the difference between your tracker burn & your MFP activity level. Click on the adjustment in your exercise diary to see the math MFP used to calculate it.

Enabling negative calorie adjustments in your diary settings means you'll still eat at a true deficit on days you eat fewer calories than your activity level.
  • editorgrrl
    edited July 2015
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    Enabling negative calorie adjustments in your diary settings means you'll still eat at a true deficit on days you eat fewer calories than your activity level.

Sorry, I meant you'll never eat at a true deficit on days you burn fewer calories than your MFP activity level unless you enable negative calorie adjustments in your diary settings.