Married, taken, single or wanna be single?

Options

Replies

• Lil_Lanie
    Lil_Lanie Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Married
  • carlsonrobb
    carlsonrobb Posts: 914 Member
    Options

Married but probably want to be single

:( I feel like a lot of people on these forums feel that way makes me almost want to never get married.

Being married isn't bad. It's just being married for 20 years takes its toll.
    Find ways to keep it exciting. Not even just sexually in other wayS :) remember the spark that shone bright when you first met!

From the mouth of babes...

Plus you look young you got married young I'm assuming 20 years!?

I appreciate it...I'm 47. I know you're being kind and trying to help it's just never as easy as finding the spark again. I wish it was. Nobody is the bad guy or girl here. Just ... Life moves on...
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Taken perhaps?
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,045 Member
    Options
    Married but probably want to be single

:( I feel like a lot of people on these forums feel that way makes me almost want to never get married.

Being married isn't bad. It's just being married for 20 years takes its toll.
    Find ways to keep it exciting. Not even just sexually in other wayS :) remember the spark that shone bright when you first met!

From the mouth of babes...

Plus you look young you got married young I'm assuming 20 years!?

I appreciate it...I'm 47. I know you're being kind and trying to help it's just never as easy as finding the spark again. I wish it was. Nobody is the bad guy or girl here. Just ... Life moves on...

Awwwww :) *hug*
  • carlsonrobb
    Options
    Some of us make it. I just celebrated my 20th. But Robb's right, it's nothing like you think as kids. Things can fall apart really quickly, and every couple who has been together this long has nearly lost it a few times along the way.

Especially when the kids get older and leave or close to leaving. You kinda look at each other and go "who are you?"
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Taken. Love my wife more today than when I met her 27 years ago. Without her, I'd be in prison or living under a bridge somewhere.
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    I wish I would NOT have listened to "mainstream" society regarding marriage. Unfortunately, I fell prey, got married, divorced and now I'm single. Single is MUCH better....even though I have 2 unbelievably beautiful daughters. Thank goodness they don't look like me. :)
  • asianfashionista86
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Taken. Love my wife more today than when I met her 27 years ago. Without her, I'd be in prison or living under a bridge somewhere.

Lmao Hahahhaa!
  • asianfashionista86
    Options
    Some of us make it. I just celebrated my 20th. But Robb's right, it's nothing like you think as kids. Things can fall apart really quickly, and every couple who has been together this long has nearly lost it a few times along the way.

Especially when the kids get older and leave or close to leaving. You kinda look at each other and go "who are you?"

Yeeesshhh
  • asianfashionista86
    Options
    jaxass wrote: »
    I wish I would NOT have listened to "mainstream" society regarding marriage. Unfortunately, I fell prey, got married, divorced and now I'm single. Single is MUCH better....even though I have 2 unbelievably beautiful daughters. Thank goodness they don't look like me. :)
    Aww good for u
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options

I know this too well. You aren't alone.
  • carlsonrobb
    Options

I know this too well. You aren't alone.

That helps. Hearing it's common. Sometimes I think I'm crazy. It seems like someone has to be abusive or a cheater or some "good" reason for it to end.
  • Northernlight03
    Northernlight03 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Married
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm not married, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so here it goes:

It appears to me that when you marry, you are marrying your best friend, right? When the kids are gone, become best friends again. I know the translation is lost after years of being parents, but give it a try.

Travel. Hold hands. Stay up all night talking, making out. Seems to me the best part of being together was probably the courting of each other, no? Get back to that.

But, what do I know? I'm divorced.

Carry On!
  • carlsonrobb
    Options
    jaxass wrote: »
    I'm not married, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so here it goes:

It appears to me that when you marry, you are marrying your best friend, right? When the kids are gone, become best friends again. I know the translation is lost after years of being parents, but give it a try.

Travel. Hold hands. Stay up all night talking, making out. Seems to me the best part of being together was probably the courting of each other, no? Get back to that.

But, what do I know? I'm divorced.

Carry On!

Lol!!!
  • ChubbiliciousToo
    ChubbiliciousToo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Effectively single.
  • dimasj
    dimasj Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Single
  • melmelw03