Exercise

Options
I have been on this for about 9 months now and have only reached 20 lbs lost. I am happy about that and also know that more weight will come off if I exercise more. But here is the thing.....I hate exercise!!!!! Can anyone help me?

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Not really...you just have to find something you like, eating right will only do so much for you. Sorry!!!
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    What exercises have you tried?

There are some that I hate (exercise bike), others that I hate the first 5 minutes (elliptical) and love running, strength training and swimming. Although I don't think swimming is very good for weight loss, but is a great cardio exercise. Never liked the idea of exercise much until I started doing it. Once I get started though, I get addicted quickly. Twenty years ago I was very fit and at the gym more days than not. After kids I didn't have much time to do any exercise. Now that the kids are older I love working out again.
  • wanderingwest
    Options
    I hate exercise too. The best thing I did was find an exercise buddy. Mostly we just walk (and chat while doing that). We try to challenge ourselves to do new things... the bike trails, badminton, a new hike we haven't tried. We hope to try out the climbing gym soon. The trick is to find someone motivated and who will keep you motivated. Exercise is fun when you are not in it alone.
  • marlakayallen
    marlakayallen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I probably need to try to find a buddy in my area. When I read about that it sounded like something that would keep me accountable and knowing that someone was with me. Hopefully, I can find someone who needs to lose as much as I do and is around where I am at with my weight now. Thanks for the encouragement. Good luck to you.
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats on the 20 lbs down!! that is awesome. And if I were you, I would literally try all kinds of exercise. I personally like the old fashioned stuff, but I know tons of people on here that love the classes at their gyms and stuff like that. Do you ever try to workout at home? there are some awesome home workout dvd's- p90x, insanity, jillian michaels dvds. I'm not sure where you live, but I have a community center around the corner from me and they will have free yoga and cardio classes, stuff like that. You should just try all kinds of different things and find what you like! Good luck :)
  • marlakayallen
    marlakayallen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I will try that. I have done some exercises off the tv which was pretty cool. Thanks for the encouragement, it means a lot.