Hey!

Options
I'm new. Whats up?

I just started a.d.h.d drugs that encourage weight loss so I'f thought I'd make the most of it and start a diet too.

I'm 240 pounds, I think 80 pounds overweight and I have to constantly remind myself that this is a slow process. I'm terribly impatient.

My goal is to drop 50 pounds. I think that is a good running start. I really want to start running, and continue Zumba. I'm looking into free weights but I have no idea how.

So things I'm working on:

Stop eating when bored.

Work out 4 days a week.

Work on that whole patient thing.

I think i can do this.

Replies

• Brooke1542
    Brooke1542 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Good Luck on your journey! And yes you can do this!!!
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    I hope you are taking ADHD drugs for ADHD and not for weight loss. Good Luck with your journey.
  • thatalchemistgirl
    Options
    XD.

Yes, I have A.D.H.D. Proper.

My doctor is just a very honest person, and recommended I utilize this new tool.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Initially, it goes one day at a time.
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

I saw my biggest results after 3 months(What is that, like .0005% of a lifetime?), but I imagine that people are different, and results will vary from person to person. I imagine, that this is a good exercise (tool) for you. Just have to stay focused. Days will turn to weeks, weeks to months, months to years. Just keep packing your meals every night, prep for the next day...

We're all here to support each other. Let me know if I can help.

Oh yeah, definitely do the weights. Muscle burns calories. More muscle = more calories burned.
  • mescla
    mescla Posts: 56
    Options
    Wow,

I always thought about that ADHD meds because I had several kids here on it. I was gonna say, did your doc really prescribe that for weight loss?? That may even be a trend in a few years once folks figure that out. Just like some other meds that were initially prescribe to treat one thing and found effective in another... Good luck on your journey..
  • thatalchemistgirl
    Options
    No, Oh god no.

He's not THAT kind of doctor.