I can eat without anxiety!

Options
I've learned to separate feelings of fullness from feeling fat. It might sound stupid, but I can now get to a point of feeling overly full without being anxious that I'm gaining weight! (I sometimes get that full because my appetite tends to be low, not because I'm overeating a ton.) I can now go back to my normal routine after overeating instead of trying to compensate the next day/meal by restricting. I also recognize that after overeating my stomach looks bigger because it's full, not because I'm some wonder woman of weight gain who packs on fat immediately.

For the first time in memory, I'm eating the right amount of food, not way to much like I did back when I gained fifty pounds and not way too little like I did when I lost that same fifty pounds. It sounds so simple, but I think some of you will understand.

Replies

• MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I understand. Thanks for sharing and that is a huge accomplishment!

Here s to the next successes on your way!

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I've learned to separate feelings of fullness from feeling fat. It might sound stupid, but I can now get to a point of feeling overly full without being anxious that I'm gaining weight! (I sometimes get that full because my appetite tends to be low, not because I'm overeating a ton.) I can now go back to my normal routine after overeating instead of trying to compensate the next day/meal by restricting. I also recognize that after overeating my stomach looks bigger because it's full, not because I'm some wonder woman of weight gain who packs on fat immediately.

For the first time in memory, I'm eating the right amount of food, not way to much like I did back when I gained fifty pounds and not way too little like I did when I lost that same fifty pounds. It sounds so simple, but I think some of you will understand.

This is a significant accomplishment!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Well, many people do calorie restrictions outside the "norm" to balance out past, or expected, calorie overages. I don't consider that a "flaw". But, it sounds like this might have reached an extreme for you. Excellent NSV!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome way to recognize!
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I feel *less* anxious or guilty when I'm logging food than when I'm not, even if I'm not eating so beautifully. It takes the unknown element out, and I can just incorporate whatever it was into the general plan.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    AbbeyDove wrote: »
    I have to say that I feel *less* anxious or guilty when I'm logging food than when I'm not, even if I'm not eating so beautifully. It takes the unknown element out, and I can just incorporate whatever it was into the general plan.

Me, too! It takes the drama out of food and just focuses on facts.
  • Amethystwolf
    Amethystwolf Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That's huge! Good for you!
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I'm excited about it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!