Subway

I went to subway and I cannot find a correct way to log my sandwich as it was not a premade one and some of the stuff I can't find :( can anyone help me figure this out?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,131 Member
    edited July 2015
    Have you been to their website? They actually have a tool which lets you make the exact sandwich you ate and gives you the breakdown. It's handy because I eat whacky Subway sandwiches of my own devising.
  • xxnemodinoxx600
    xxnemodinoxx600 Posts: 445 Member
    I have been to their website but I haven't been able to find that. Do you have a link so I can check after I get off work that would be very helpful.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,131 Member
    http://www.subway.com/nutrition/nutritionlist.aspx

There ya go. Just follow the instructions.
  • xxnemodinoxx600
    Thank you
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Have you been to their website? They actually have a tool which lets you make the exact sandwich you ate and gives you the breakdown. It's handy because I eat whacky Subway sandwiches of my own devising.

I just found the same thing in the Starbucks website....freaking awesome.
  • xxnemodinoxx600
    http://www.subway.com/nutrition/nutritionlist.aspx

There ya go. Just follow the instructions.

I clicked it and it only brought me to the home page :/
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Do it on a computer instead of your phone

But even on your phone you can google subway nutrition and get a pdf. They show all the sandwiches and then all the individual ingredients so it's pretty easy to figure out. There are some solid entries in the data base for individual ingredients as well.
  • hlnebel
    hlnebel Posts: 71 Member
    edited July 2015
    Does anyone know why the base calories are different on the website than they are on the info printed on cups, napkins, etc? I got a veggie delite today, thinking that I would use the tool on the website to calculate the calories. Then, as I'm eating, I looked at my cup and saw that everything was listed as having many, many more calories than on the site. The printed info says adding cheese, for example, is an additional 40 calories, whereas when you add cheese (2 pieces) to the calculator on the site, it only adds 11 calories to the total ...

Plus, all of the verified entries in the database list the higher calorie counts. Is the calculator on the website just completely bogus?
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    hlnebel wrote: »
    Does anyone know why the base calories are different on the website than they are on the info printed on cups, napkins, etc? I got a veggie delite today, thinking that I would use the tool on the website to calculate the calories. Then, as I'm eating, I looked at my cup and saw that everything was listed as having many, many more calories than on the site. The printed info says adding cheese, for example, is an additional 40 calories, whereas when you add cheese (2 pieces) to the calculator on the site, it only adds 11 calories to the total ...

Plus, all of the verified entries in the database list the higher calorie counts. Is the calculator on the website just completely bogus?

Yep, that's definitely wrong - I just tested it out. If you bypass the calculator and just use the nutritional information in the spreadsheet, it's probably much more accurate.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,147 Member
    hlnebel wrote: »

Check the publishing dates of the website and the cups.

I go to the website, find the nutritional info, and build my sammich on paper then add the total in.
  • hlnebel
    Thanks, ladies!
  • missball
    missball Posts: 21 Member
    Doesn't help with the logging but having worked at a subway in my student days and seen the length of the ingredients list on almost every product, the calories are the least of your worries!
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    missball wrote: »
    Doesn't help with the logging but having worked at a subway in my student days and seen the length of the ingredients list on almost every product, the calories are the least of your worries!

Thanks for that unsettling information... I eat there probably 3 times a week.
  • hlnebel
    missball wrote: »

Yeah, that's why I don't eat there very often. Was out running errands at lunch today, though, and there weren't many options.