21, and losing weight through gastric bypass.

Options
I had lost about 20 pounds in the 2-3 months pre-surgery, and have lost about 20 more pounds in the two weeks since I've had the surgery.
My name is Liz, and more friends on here- Bariatric patients or not- Would be fantastic!

Replies

• LadyShepherd15
    LadyShepherd15 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz! I have known many people who had great success after surgery, but they have all agreed that it is still a lot of work! FR sent! :)
  • babzybabe
    babzybabe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had the Surgery 13 days ago too ... long road ahead :)
  • chaniluv
    chaniluv Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz! I'm Chani. I just restarted on MFP after a long hiatus. I'm not a bypass patient, but I am always looking for new friends. I'm sending you a friend request now.
  • babzybabe
    babzybabe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tried to send a request but this site is messing up for me, everything I click I get blank screen :neutral:
  • laurachaulklin83
    laurachaulklin83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My mom had gastric bypass 2 years ago October. She's doing wonderful but there was a stretch where she was miserable. Anything even the least but greasy - like a single bite of bacon or less than 90% beef- made her throw up. Like, immediately. At the table. Same with drinking even 1 sip of water until at least 30 minutes after she ate. Her hormones went nuts and she has to carry a Chinese fan with her because of hot flashes
    She's through it all now and SO much better
    She's lost probably 150 pounds since surgery plus what she lost before.
    I don't tell you this to scare you. I tell you this to let you know the bad period will pass. Good luck to you!
  • eminor9865
    eminor9865 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My mom had gastric bypass 2 years ago October. She's doing wonderful but there was a stretch where she was miserable. Anything even the least but greasy - like a single bite of bacon or less than 90% beef- made her throw up. Like, immediately. At the table. Same with drinking even 1 sip of water until at least 30 minutes after she ate. Her hormones went nuts and she has to carry a Chinese fan with her because of hot flashes
    She's through it all now and SO much better
    She's lost probably 150 pounds since surgery plus what she lost before.
    I don't tell you this to scare you. I tell you this to let you know the bad period will pass. Good luck to you!
    Haha no worries, you didn't scare me. That all sounds pretty normal. And it's kind of comforting to know that I'm not the only one who gets weird hormonal stuff. I get hot flashes, and I've had like a never ending period since I got the surgery when I hadn't had one for like a year and a half because of birth control.
    Glad your mom did so well!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 months post-surgery and 100lbs down total in the last 12 months. It's a lot of work, but absolutely worth it.
  • nicet56
    nicet56 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz! My name is Nichole. I'm glad to hear about your weight loss so far. I am planning to do bariatric surgery as well, however, I have to wait another 5 months. I am trying a weight loss program through my doctor and have lost 8 pounds so far since starting almost one month ago.

May I ask if you did the sleeve, lap band, or the actual bypass? Also, how are you feeling physically after the surgery besides the hot flashes?

Thanks!