A big recovery!

Options
myzi88
myzi88 Posts: 4 Member
Hello to everyone!
I wanted to share my success story to you guys!
I am 6'2 tall and exactly 1 and half year ago anorexia hit me. It destroyed so much of my life but I didn't let it win! I reached 50 pounds. I've lost all my muscles and I wasn't able to walk up the stairs or just wake up from my bed in the morning..literally. I was slowly loosing my loved ones and my mind, it was the hardest time of my life. The once cheerful, always active and sporty girl seemed gone forever. I realized that no one else could help, but myself.
It took me more than a year but with the help of my family and this website I finally reached my usual weight and I am proud to say that I have never been as strong as I am today! :) I also discovered a new passion.. pole fitness! I highly recommend it to everyone that wants to build strenght and muscles! I am glad I discovered it and it really helped me.. I also found new friends and happiness there! Here is a pic I took yesterday! :) I am finally smiling again!
Kc0pEs9m.jpg6Dt56Qkm.jpg

Replies

• maggiemay530
    maggiemay530 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wow... that looks like one powerful workout! Congratulations on this success and literally saving your life. I hope others suffering with anorexia see this as they need to hear your story! (could you maybe re-post with the term in the topic title?

Thanks so much for sharing.
  • xBabyLlamaDrama
    xBabyLlamaDrama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I'm happy you were able the strength to win.
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hey tall girl! I'm just shy of 6'2" myself. Pole is HARD! I tried it last year but was too heavy/not strong enough to do it gracefully or well, but I still found it to be a really supportive environment and focused on being a strong woman not on size or shape. I'm glad you've found your "tribe" :smile:
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    :# you missy are awesome!
  • myzi88
    myzi88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone! It means alot! <3 Yes ofcourse I can repost the title :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!