Stress eating

Options
my wife is under a lot of stress and trying to help her through it. I got stressed with her stress if that makes sense.

Replies

• sannaf36
    sannaf36 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I struggle with a similar issue. Her brain is asking for endorphins and she's reaching for what she knows to quench that. Suggest a substitute. Tea, water, morning runs. I have very limited time so I know of can be difficult but it's worth trying. She needs to change the stimuli. Hope this helps.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've gotten more into brewing loose leaf tea lately and it has helped me a lot in this regard.
  • 33Chief
    33Chief Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It sounds cliche but exercise can really help kill stress. Even just going for a walk.
  • crosby17
    crosby17 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did. Thank you for the support.
  • crosby17
    crosby17 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    sannaf36 wrote: »
    I struggle with a similar issue. Her brain is asking for endorphins and she's reaching for what she knows to quench that. Suggest a substitute. Tea, water, morning runs. I have very limited time so I know of can be difficult but it's worth trying. She needs to change the stimuli. Hope this helps.

It does. You probably know it's harder when it's not your stress that you are coping with. That's what support is about. It's good know that there is support for those who support.
  • mariadaniellemw
    mariadaniellemw Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Stress puts a terrible amount of strain on the body .Exercise is the best thing as it clears the mind , boosts the endorphins and of course if you working out you do not have you head in the fridge.