Should the MFP calorie reduce

Options
Hi folks. Been on the MFP religiously for 24 days and lost 16lbs. Delighted but just wondering should the recommended calories have reduced by now? The calorie hasn't went down and just thought it would have adjusted as the weight went down? Thanks

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I think it's every 20 pounds or so - regardless, you'll have to update your goals for it to kick I believe.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I think i had lost maybe around 20 lb or so when it reduced mine but i'm not exactly sure. What is your height/weight/loss rate goal and what is MFP giving you as calorie goal?
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success thus far, OP.

Way to kick calorie butt. B)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I believe mfp will ask if you'd like to reduce calories at some point but if you're still losing at the rate you would like to i wouldn't sweat it
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I think it's every 20 pounds or so - regardless, you'll have to update your goals for it to kick I believe.

I didn't have to, but the system might have missed its cue or something so this might help.
  • FitDadSam
    FitDadSam Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think i had lost maybe around 20 lb or so when it reduced mine but i'm not exactly sure. What is your height/weight/loss rate goal and what is MFP giving you as calorie goal?

Hi and thanks for the reply. 6ft 2 and starting weight of 19st12. MFP gave 2lb loss goal and calorie intake of 1810. I'm now 18st9lbs and no change to calorie allowance.
  • FitDadSam
    Options

Okay. Thanks
  • FitDadSam
    Options

I didn't have to, but the system might have missed its cue or something so this might help.

Thanks
  • FitDadSam
    Options
    I believe mfp will ask if you'd like to reduce calories at some point but if you're still losing at the rate you would like to i wouldn't sweat it

Thanks for that
  • FitDadSam
    Options
    Congrats on your success thus far, OP.

Way to kick calorie butt. B)
    Thanks a lot

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    We had this discussion the other day. Some people have to update their new weight on the phone app for the calories to readjust . Doing it on the PC sometimes doesn't automatically reduce your calories.
  • Helenejodi
    Helenejodi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think your calories are based on your goal weight. You are eating the right number of calories to maintain that weight, so it will probably only reduce if you lower your goal weight.
  • Kellyymcd
    Kellyymcd Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Helenejodi wrote: »
    I think your calories are based on your goal weight. You are eating the right number of calories to maintain that weight, so it will probably only reduce if you lower your goal weight.
    Calories are based on what you need daily for your current weight minus the deficit to cause weight loss. Calorie goal is not based on goal weight.
  • keana55
    keana55 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This is what I have to do on my PC to get the auto decrease and so far it works.

Click on My Home
    Click on Check-in
    Then Enter Todays Weight (enter new weight)
    Click Save Changes button
    Go back to My Home menu
    Click on Goals
    Click the View Guided Set-up link
    Click Update Profile
    Click Get Started Now

Works on my PC to update calories after a given amount of weightloss but don't know about other devices. Is there is an easier way? Hope there is!!!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Helenejodi wrote: »

My calorie goal is based on my goal weight, because I did some figuring and decided to make it that way. The program, however, doesn't work that way.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    When I hit the 10 lb lost mark, I got a pop-up asking me if I wanted to recalc my calorie limit...