Ranch

Options
DanniB423
DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
The serving size on my ranch bottle is 2 tbsp or 30ml. I like to weigh everything in grams mostly and this is one of the only dips I have seen in ml vs grams. Even my A1 is in grams which is thinner than ranch. Help?

Replies

• DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    The only conversion I can find is for water. Which makes 30ml and 30g equal. But it is a different substance..
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Milliliters do not convert to grams very well. Use the two tablespoons.
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    to build on from using the two tablespoons, you could do that & weigh how much that is, so you know for future reference. (:
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    yeahfatty wrote: »
    to build on from using the two tablespoons, you could do that & weigh how much that is, so you know for future reference. (:

Yeah. That's the best you can do. I did it with some Marketside bleu cheese yogurt dressing. I weighed the 2 tbsp and wrote it on the bottle with a sharpie. It won't be perfect, but at least it'll be consistent, and you won't have to dirty spoons with dressing again.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My scale weighed out 30 mls which equalled 30 grams as well.
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You can put ranch powder in lowfat yogurt and thin it with milk to make a healthier version of ranch dressing/dip.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I had this exact same conundrum tonite! I just used the tablespoon and didn't fill it quite all the way.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I use 30 grams too.