Healthy cholesterol

britann86
britann86 Posts: 2 Member
hi there! Just thought I would put it out there if anyone has any cholesterol friendly/low cholesterol type suggestions for meals or snacks I would greatly appreciate them! I'm at the beginning of getting burnt out on eating the same things and don't want to hit a slump. Thanks so much and feel free to add me as a friend! Would love to have someone to talk to on here!
Best of luck to all ✨

Replies

• mezzomomma
    mezzomomma Posts: 2 Member
    I need to take down my cholesterol. I'm not overweight and I exercise but I guess I need to be more careful about food choices even though my caloric intake is low. What are the foods you're sick of? Maybe I can try them!
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    High fiber, low fat. Lean proteins. Bake instead of fry....
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    exercising and cutting back on fast digesting carbs, espeically eaten alone, is likely to lower it quickest.
  • kswanson52
    kswanson52 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm looking to lower my cholesterol naturally. I have lost weight and I'm now in my healthy weight range but I guess I'm still eating the wrong foods. My cholesterol is a little elevated. I also have a high body fat content even though I'm not "fat". I am thinking exercise will help that. I haven't exercised in a long time. If you shop at Sam's Club, they sell chicken Italian sausage (different flavors) that are really good and much healthier than regular sausage. Also, it's summer time, grilled chicken and fish are awesome! You can grill your veggies too.

• kiwieats
    kiwieats Posts: 11 Member
    This is what I have
    -cholesterol lowering plant sterol yogurt drunks
    -eggs- don't worry it's good cholesterol
    -rice cakes
    -grilled meats
    - low fat olive margarine

Cheese is my problem
  • MrsHcrane
    MrsHcrane Posts: 9 Member
    Cheese is so delicious yet full of cholesterol! I'm trying to add avocado to my diet was also told that salmon and almonds lower cholesterol
  • MMGC69
    MMGC69 Posts: 7 Member
    kswanson52 wrote: »
    I'm looking to lower my cholesterol naturally. I have lost weight and I'm now in my healthy weight range but I guess I'm still eating the wrong foods. My cholesterol is a little elevated. I also have a high body fat content even though I'm not "fat". I am thinking exercise will help that. I haven't exercised in a long time. If you shop at Sam's Club, they sell chicken Italian sausage (different flavors) that are really good and much healthier than regular sausage. Also, it's summer time, grilled chicken and fish are awesome! You can grill your veggies too.

Turbo Fire is a really great beginning to working out. It is cardio and it is fun. Also not too long, easy to fit into one's daily schedule. Try it! Be blessed!
  • britann86
    britann86 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks all! I've taken out all red meat and am doing mostly chicken/turkey/fish products. Nothing fried. I have it baked, broiled, or grilled. I feel like I'm just stuck eating the same things though! I suppose different marinades and spices might help as long as I stay away from certain oils. Any tried and true snacks other than fruits, veggies, and almonds?
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    My father lowered his by eating oatmeal every morning and useing olive oil in place of vegtable oil. The Dr. told him that bringing up his good cholesterol would help lower his bad cholesterol, and it worked. BUT as soon as he stopped eating that way it went right back up , so it's has to be a life long change. In short ,I would incorporate whole grains and healthy fats. Blessings