Help help

Options
Has anyone done 21 day fix? I have been doing it and not loosing weight. I decided to put in the food I am eating on my fitness pal and see where I am calorie wise. The plan says I am on 1800 calories, I put the food in and I am over 2200!!!! No wonder I am not losing weight! Can anyone relate or help?

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Yeah, 21 Day Fix is really infuriating because of claims like this one. The program is a scam - you're better off just buying a food scale and logging all of your food into MFP. It is much more reliable, and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Continue to log your food into MFP. You may as well use the containers, since you purchased them, but you should be weighing all of your food for accuracy. Let it be a lesson learned about the ineffectiveness of BB programs (except their workouts, I understand people like them).

Good luck!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Yeah, 21 Day Fix is really infuriating because of claims like this one. The program is a scam - you're better off just buying a food scale and logging all of your food into MFP. It is much more reliable, and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Continue to log your food into MFP. You may as well use the containers, since you purchased them, but you should be weighing all of your food for accuracy. Let it be a lesson learned about the ineffectiveness of BB programs (except their workouts, I understand people like them).

Good luck!

^^ so much this.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Ditch the magic containers. Use a food scale. Done.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options

Good luck!

This !!
    Stay away from mlm scams. They are all junk
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thanks for your personal experience. I've seen the infomercials a few times and wondered how effective it really was. Not that I was interested in trying it but it made me a little peeved to see yet another diet gimmick that came close but didn't hit the mark for making losing weight easier. Part of the problem is related to the weighing vs. measuring discussion that goes on around here: if people cut up food small or really cram the food into the containers they're going to be eating more calories than if the pieces are bigger or food is in the container with a lot of empty space.

I agree that since you bought the containers you might as well use them if you want to, but weigh the food you're putting into them and log it. Over time, you'll probably figure out how to get a precise serving of specific foods in specific containers without the scale which will make the process easier.
  • downa100
    downa100 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I love the workouts I do 30 minutes of PiYo every day. I have a scale I used to only do MFP before and was doing great but then a lady at a fitness group I in talked me into Beachbody cause she lost 123lbs in it so I said why not. I was doing 800-100 cals a day and lost 70lbs but since I jumped up on the calories with MFP I stopped losing completed even with the workout. I think I would rather go back to weighing on my sale and ditch the containers. I can use them for the kids lunch boxes lol.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    downa100 wrote: »
    I love the workouts I do 30 minutes of PiYo every day. I have a scale I used to only do MFP before and was doing great but then a lady at a fitness group I in talked me into Beachbody cause she lost 123lbs in it so I said why not. I was doing 800-100 cals a day and lost 70lbs but since I jumped up on the calories with MFP I stopped losing completed even with the workout. I think I would rather go back to weighing on my sale and ditch the containers. I can use them for the kids lunch boxes lol.

800-1000 calories a day? What are your stats?
  • downa100
    Options
    What does stats mean? Sorry forgive my ignorance
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    downa100 wrote: »
    What does stats mean? Sorry forgive my ignorance
    Statistics: age/height/weight.
  • downa100
    Options
    5'7"
  • downa100
    Options
    Bump
  • courtneymarie02323
    courtneymarie02323 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hm..
    I kinda disagree. It's not like the 21 day fix is that expensive. And the whole point of the containers is to not have to sit there with a scale and measure and count. You but in the container and go ! I found it very effective and if you stick to it I don't see how you can go wrong :) you will certainly lose weight if you put your whole heart into it
  • MWojdak
    MWojdak Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is interesting, because I just started it this week. So far it is helping me eat cleaner, but that is about all I can say on it so far. I have not done any of the workouts yet, and more then likely will not because of my bad knees and back, but I have been walking, biking, and other workouts that I know are within my limits.
  • downa100
    Options
    Hm..
    I kinda disagree. It's not like the 21 day fix is that expensive. And the whole point of the containers is to not have to sit there with a scale and measure and count. You but in the container and go ! I found it very effective and if you stick to it I don't see how you can go wrong :) you will certainly lose weight if you put your whole heart into it
    I have to disagree. I put a lot of effort into it. My coach and I put meal plans and chose the food I eat from the lists Crossed all the T and dotted all the i I gained 8 lbs as a result. The calories where too high for me. I am not claiming it's a bad system. Just didn't work for me. It made me eat cleaner that's for sure but not lose weight. I know it has worked for a lot of people and that's why I invested in it. Oh well I got to enjoy the PiYo. I am down to 1500 calories now. Next week will do 1200 until I get my to 800 again.