New mommy needing to get rid of the baby weight

Options
ejm4733
ejm4733 Posts: 4 Member
Hey guys, I'm a first time mom to a beautiful baby girl and it's glorious. What's not glorious, however, is the weight I gained and am now trying to lose. Also, brrastfeeding seems to actually be makibg it harder to drop the pounds. I'm trying to get below my prepreggo weight in all needing to lose about 30 pounds.

Anyways, I'm here for encouragement, I need motivation and help losing and I'd love to help others reach their goals!

Replies

• kj_mom
    kj_mom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have a two month old and am breastfeeding also. This is my 3rd and last baby though. I feel your struggles. Trying to lose weight is a challenge while breastfeeding. If you are looking for support friends please add me :) best of luck on your journey, Congratulations on being a mommy and thumbs up for breastfeeding!
  • tra212013
    tra212013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I'm a mommy as well to a 9 month old baby boy. And I found that it was hard to drop the weight when breastfeeding because it is required to eat to keep a good milk supply. I am also needing and wanting to get back to my pre preggo weight. I am 169lbs, 5'4" tall and before having a baby I weighted 134. The smallest I have ever been!! And I am looking for support with healthy eating and to simply find balance. And also I want to stop eating when I am full, and when I am bored .
  • ejm4733
    ejm4733 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Congrats on both of your babies! All that I've read so far let's me know I'm in for quite a journey as long as we're nursing, but the hard work will be worth it!

I'm 5'3" and 157 currently and am aiming for 130. I'll add you both for support both ways!
  • LStanfield3614
    LStanfield3614 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a 16 month old baby girl and I'm trying to drop the last few pounds too. I breastfed for 11 months and I started slimming down once she weaned. Breastfeeding made me hold onto weight too. I'm now only 5 pounds away from my goal!
  • Anitab_84
    Anitab_84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a first time mom also. My baby girl is 6 months old and I am still trying to lose the baby weight plus weight that I needed to lose before I got pregnant. If you (or anyone else) wants to add me, you're more than welcome! I need all the support I can get and would love to make some mommy friends.
  • Raevynne
    Raevynne Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I no longer breastfeed (my daughter is 9 now) but I did do it for 3&1/2 years. I dropped the weight the first year & gained it back by the end. I am STILL working on getting rid of that lovely "mommy" pouch, though
  • catherinemorgan3990
    catherinemorgan3990 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm a new momma too! Little boy at 4 months, Just trying to get rid of this loose belly flab and looking for some weight loss buddies! I'm breastfeeding too and looking to get to pre-baby weight
    5'4" CW:150 GW:140
  • Curry0724
    Curry0724 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! My tiny princess is 4 months on Sunday! Feel free to add me! I would love support too!
  • crystalbiddles
    crystalbiddles Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I waited to long to drop my baby weight.... my son was born 9lbs 14oz. .. I weighed only 122 when I found out and im all the way up to nearly 200lbs.... my kid will be turning 2 next month.... before the little one I had control of my sweets intake but during pregnancy it blew up on me so that's where mine lies. I couldn't do a lot of walking or running or even bending over due to a c section that didn't wanna heal right so it's why it has taken me so long to start up. Just take your time and breath. Don't fret so much! If you go over your calories by 100 do the freak out. Go for long strolls with your little one! It's why I've been doing.
  • SHLfitness
    SHLfitness Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello New Moms: feel free to add me as a friend. Although I am not a new mom... I have seen the struggles that my wife went through as a new mom and even still as a busy working mom...

I am a personal trainer with a passion for helping people. I am looking to connect with people and help them achieve their weightloss goals.

>>>For FREE fitness tips/questions email getSHLfit@gmail.com || Health & Fitness is my passion || I'm here to help<<<