Workout Games for Xbox Kinect?

Options
LJSpady
LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
Ok, so my girlfriend just got an xbox kinect like a month ago, and there are 3 games I wanna buy to help me get in shape:
1. Zumba
2. The Biggest Loser
3. Dance Central
Now for those of you who've been to Game Stop a time or two know that's gonna run me at LEAST $120 (I'm gonna try to talk my brother and roommates out of games they don't want to so I can trade them in to lessen the price). So before I make this hefty purchase I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on these games (I've looked at online ratings and customer reviews, but I really value my feller MFPer's opinions). So let me know! If you've played these games, what do you think of them?

Thanks guys!

Replies

• cariorliz
    cariorliz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love my kinect...I have the fitness one by Mens health...i love that one...but zumba is my favorite! have fun!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Good Job Girlfriend! lol I have the Dance Central game and its been really fun...I also downloaded The Biggest Loser and Zumba trial...I can tell that Zumba was kicking my butt cause its intense. Either way just have fun with it and you'll burn those calories fast!
  • healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • emmabee87
    emmabee87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I really love the zumba game for kinect and dance central but the dance central doesnt really burn a lot of calories. I also got the my shape game recently and its pretty cool but not enough variety i dont think
  • eresin
    eresin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I love Dance Central, but I usually play Your Shape : Fitness Evolved for a more structured workout.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba and Dance Central on the Kinect.

Check out the EA Sports Active. I love that as well.

I haven't tried the BL yet.
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    THANKS! Seems like Dance Central is a definite yes! (That one was my favorite to begin with) and I'm gonna to the free trial of the Biggest Loser tonight to see if I like it. Zumba, I hear so many mixed reviews, but I figure if I don't like it I can sell it back to Game Stop.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    THANKS! Seems like Dance Central is a definite yes! (That one was my favorite to begin with) and I'm gonna to the free trial of the Biggest Loser tonight to see if I like it. Zumba, I hear so many mixed reviews, but I figure if I don't like it I can sell it back to Game Stop.

Zumba gets bad reviews because people get confused with the menu. Once you've got that its a breeze.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    EA Active 2 is awesome..
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Also, before buying...you can rent them and see if you really like them...then you dont spend $50 for a game and hate it, and end up only getting $25 back...
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I agree with Dance Central! SO much fun! And an AWESOME workout!
  • slinky29
    slinky29 Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm a fan of Zumba and Biggest Loser, I had Dance Central for 5 months then got sick of it and have traded it in.

Defo recommend Zumba as uses loads of energy and Biggest Loser is great for specific exercises such as squats and lunges, both leave me with a few aches the next day.

Enjoy.