Letting go of booze!

Options
124»

Replies

• themonstermash
    themonstermash Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Beckyacm wrote: »
    Oh man! I didn't drink for about 20 years, then a year and a half ago, after losing 60 pounds, I began to drink. Gained 30 back in 5 months, and have gained another recently. I still have it at times, though I have gone a couple months at a time without it. I was doing good, getting back on track with losing and all, then my dad was diagnosed with cancer and passed a month later. Where those last 10 pounds gained come into play. It's been 3 weeks now since he passed, and I'm determined to quit drinking all together. If at some point I can do it for a celebration here or there, ok. But for now, It needs to go. So I up for joining in!

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
    Good for you for being determined to kick the habit again! We can totally do this. MFP is wonderful for support. :)
  • tottie3912
    tottie3912 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Beckyacm wrote: »
    Oh man! I didn't drink for about 20 years, then a year and a half ago, after losing 60 pounds, I began to drink. Gained 30 back in 5 months, and have gained another recently. I still have it at times, though I have gone a couple months at a time without it. I was doing good, getting back on track with losing and all, then my dad was diagnosed with cancer and passed a month later. Where those last 10 pounds gained come into play. It's been 3 weeks now since he passed, and I'm determined to quit drinking all together. If at some point I can do it for a celebration here or there, ok. But for now, It needs to go. So I up for joining in!

I am so sorry for your loss Beckyacm! I can only imagine what you have been going through.
  • tottie3912
    Options
    Day 11. Still going strong. Do miss it!
  • wmander1
    wmander1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just made the decision this week to cut alcohol from our diet outside of a single glass of red wine in the evening, because well, that's heart healthy! It's definitely hard not to drink one after the other when gathering with friends & once we have a couple drinks we both food binge! I'm excited to continue towards a more healthy living approach! It's certainly going to take the will power to convince all of our friends otherwise!

• syrupspew
    syrupspew Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    tottie3912 wrote: »

Awesome! I just passed 30 days. It is getting easier! I planned a fall off the wagon, but now I'm not so sure.
  • tottie3912
    Options
    syrupspew wrote: »
    tottie3912 wrote: »

Awesome! I just passed 30 days. It is getting easier! I planned a fall off the wagon, but now I'm not so sure.

Oh congrats! I am looking forward to day 30. I am def feeling physically stronger. Did not fully realize how tired and unmotivated it made me feel till I got off of it.

• tottie3912
    Options
    wmander1 wrote: »
    My husband and I just made the decision this week to cut alcohol from our diet outside of a single glass of red wine in the evening, because well, that's heart healthy! It's definitely hard not to drink one after the other when gathering with friends & once we have a couple drinks we both food binge! I'm excited to continue towards a more healthy living approach! It's certainly going to take the will power to convince all of our friends otherwise!

That's awesome your husband is on board with you! My hubby drastically cut back once I dropped it. And he started exercising with me too. Love it!
  • caconnor1
    caconnor1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there's not much room for alcohol when you're losing weight... And there is no room for it if you are getting off those last several pounds. I only allow myself one drink (5oz glass of wine, beer or cocktail) if I have worked out vigorously that day.