Do you get prettier with weight loss?

Options

Replies

• suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i think my face looks better with a bit of weight on, but then i hate my body
  • Felesina1
    Felesina1 Posts: 142
    Options
    If you have before and after pictures, you'll see that your face does change! But even after loosing 150#, I still saw the fat woman in the mirror looking at me; until I began to work in the inside aspects of depression, self-esteem, and confidence. While I still have loose skin, I know have muscles and wear clothes that I couldn't get into even in high school!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    i think my face looks better with a bit of weight on, but then i hate my body

I feel the same way about my face and body too.
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you get prettier or not. I lost about 88 lb ovver the course of a couple of years and I actually thought my face looked best when I had lost about 40. When I got close to my target BMI I thought I looked very drawn, all big eyes etc. Other people thought differently though and thought I looked great like that. I think it depends how quickly you lose it. I did the first bit really slowly over a couple of years but the last 30 lb was in less than 3 months and that may have contributed to the drawn look.

I have also seen some beautifully put together very big girls and I think that's a big factor - if you were well put together at 300lb you will still be well put together at 150! I always look better when I'm trying to lose weight because a) I'm in the gym a lot where everyone is image conscious and b) I reward myself with makeup & nail products for weight loss.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Well.... I think I have more wrinkles and my ears stick out now I'm thinner but my husband says I'm gorgeous. I don't think I'll argue with that :)
  • katie041085
    katie041085 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have never thought of myself as being particularly pretty but I am definitely more attractive when i am slimmer. I look a lot older than 25 at the moment too!
    Maybe a lot of it is confidence... something i am SERIOUSLY lacking and looking forward to getting back!
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Bump for review.
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily, some people look nicer with plumper faces I think! It depends on the person :) I definitely agree that it makes the majority of people look younger though!
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    its the confidence that makes you prettier!
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I thought about this. My Aunt had weight loss surgery so not sure if this had anything to do with it but when she lost over 100 lbs I honestly did not think she looked good at all. I mean granted yes she was considered healthier, no more high BP, better all over medically in all her blood test results . I just felt she looked very drawn in the face, pale and dull luster to her skin, not the glow of a vibrant healthy woman I would of expected after someone drops 100 lbs. I again am not sure if this was a result of how she lost it using the the bypass operation.

My sister had a gastric band and she too doesn't look as healthy as I thought she would - she has dry brittle dull hair, pale skin, her eyes aren't as bright. I've put it down to the fact that she isn't eating the right kind of foods still (just less of them) - so perhaps isn't getting the vitamins she could do with. Shes quite young at 26 so less issues with her skin plinging back. Who knows though!

I feel that I look better when I'm slimmer, because my face shrinks down which makes my eyes and mouth look bigger.

Also it tends to mean I'm eating better so getting lots of good vitamins in my body, and I always feel better about myself so the confidence oozes out of me.

x
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I did :-)
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. I think sometimes the more weight you lose sometimes you can look a bit older if that makes sense that your face is not filled out as much lol.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I think its your confidence that radiates through??? I still look the same as I did when I was heavier. Well thinner face but still the same face...
  • kandire
    kandire Posts: 87
    Options
    To many people confidence is attractive. So to me that is why there are "more beautiful" heavy women and "more humble" thin women out there. If a heavy woman believes she is beautiful and carries herself as if she is beautiful, most people will see her as beautiful. The more humble woman may not feel attractive so she doesn't carry herself with confidence. If losing weight makes you more confident then you likely will be seen as more attractive.
  • ejaya
    ejaya Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree with most here in that when you feel healthier, you generally also feel more attractive. Whether you are or not...is probably different for each person. I have noticed though that with my weight gain, people tended to think I was a lot younger...maybe it's the rounder face?
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I have never been pretty always average plain, so im hopeing i can actually
    be pretty for once!! I will let you guys decide when i get there
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I think in general, people who are at a healthy weight look prettier than people that are too heavy or too thin.

However, just by looking at success story pictures on here, I've definitely seen a lot of people that I thought had a beautiful face in their "before" picture but not so much in the "after" picture. Obviously, it is still better that they are healthier now, but I find it strange that that happens sometimes.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I think the thinner I get the prettier I get for sure. I never thought I was a good looking big person
  • lynnstar_lynnstar
    lynnstar_lynnstar Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I actually tend to gain weight in my face (even my eyes appear smaller) The extra weight actually distorts my facial features so I definitely think that I will regain my "pretty" as I lose weight.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I don't know about physically prettier... although I know the self confidence that comes with feeling better about yourself definately shines through and is an attractive feature to most.

My husband and I got together when I was at my highest weight of 268. He found me attractive and was not concerned about the weight. As I starting losing, I gained more confidence and he found it super sexy. He loves that I don't just try to stand in the background now. I never wore skirts or dresses before really.. and he goes crazy when I wear them now.