Green Superfoods Question, Oatmeal and Killer Diet BBQ Sauce

Options
I have organic oatmeal with a cinnaman every morning.( no sugar, honey or anything else) I usually put two eggs in it and wash it down with a v8, a Danone probiatic shot and a glass of water that I put a packet of green superfood and reds pak in it.
Are supplementing greens and reds good for you or just hype?
Also, when I decided to change my lifestyle I knew what I would mss the most is succulent grilled chicken, perfectly bbqed on the grill. Almost every sauce is ridiculously high in sugar. I found one online, on a website netrition, that carries Sugar Free BBQ Sauce by Guy Fiero- I haven;t tasted the bacon or garlic flavor, but just the original is a bbq sauce that I would have used and eaten even if I wasn;t on a diet. For you bbq chicken connoisseurs, I would highly recommend it.

Replies

• kittywrangler
    kittywrangler Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Don't know about the superfood. To me, anything labeled superfood I tend to see as a waste of money/ trend. Thanks for the BBQ chicken tip!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    roberturb wrote: »
    I have organic oatmeal with a cinnaman every morning.( no sugar, honey or anything else) I usually put two eggs in it and wash it down with a v8, a Danone probiatic shot and a glass of water that I put a packet of green superfood and reds pak in it.
    Are supplementing greens and reds good for you or just hype?
    Also, when I decided to change my lifestyle I knew what I would mss the most is succulent grilled chicken, perfectly bbqed on the grill. Almost every sauce is ridiculously high in sugar. I found one online, on a website netrition, that carries Sugar Free BBQ Sauce by Guy Fiero- I haven;t tasted the bacon or garlic flavor, but just the original is a bbq sauce that I would have used and eaten even if I wasn;t on a diet. For you bbq chicken connoisseurs, I would highly recommend it.

Welcome, Robert.

In my opinion, the point of making a lifestyle change is to eat the foods you love while in moderation. Why not use a small portion of the barbecue sauce you love? The only reason to limit sugar is if you have a medical condition and the doctor has told you to limit sugar.

As to the green and red superfood--what is that? To me, it sounds like a fad or something.

The only way to lose weight is to eat at a calorie deficit. You can do that eating anything you so desire. The only magic any food has, including the super food you reference above, is the magic we give it.
  • regraves
    regraves Posts: 12 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If you are concerned about the sugar content you should look at your probiotic yogurt and v8, both of those have a significant amount of sugar in them. Switch your probiotic drink out for a probiotic pill and you will save a lot of calories from sugar that you can put into your bbq sauce of choice.