Let's lose ten pounds !

Options

Replies

• JanineLinthorne
    JanineLinthorne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've started and failed, started and failed, started and failed more times then I can count... and by failed I mean gave up gave in and sat on the couch! I have a very demanding job that has insane hours and I work nights weekends and many many days in a row. I know that's not an excuse and that everyone has jobs and families and houses and the list goes on and on but I need to stop using my busy world as my excuse for not exercising and eating healthy. So I need someone to tell me to stop being lazy and figure it out. Have I mentioned I am married to a marathon runner who can eat his weight (which isn't very much) in junk food and lose 5 lbs while doing it. So I have a goal to lose 10 lbs before we take our two kids to Florida in October.
  • Auube
    Auube Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been there with night shifts. The sleepless nights literally drive you over the edge with eating.
    Incorporate exercise at work. Like taking the stairs instead of elevator, doing pushups with the courter, getting some squats done in your lunch break and so on.
    Plus, you got to got to got to start eating healthy and practice portion control. Eat your favourite pc of food but control the quantity.
    I've failed a lot of times when I tried to quit carbs. I couldn't stay off of em. Now, I eat carbs but small quantities and exercise.
    It's the lil changes that will show big difference in your wght.
    And, remember be patient.
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have much more than 10 pounds to go, but need small goals to get there. I have lost 32 pounds since January, but need to keep going until I have another 60 or 70 gone.My current weight is 202.4.
  • Quichee
    Quichee Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Auube wrote: »
    Great contribution people.
    Keep it going.
    I was wondering how often should one take a cheat day ?

I think that depends on how much you plan to cheat! I definitely slack on the weekends a bit but I only end up cheating myself.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I almost never take cheat days. It's so slow and hard to lose even .5 or 1 pound that unless it's truly some sort of special occasion (like Christmas or my anniversary) I don't cheat. I don't want to slow down what's already seemingly taking forever. I've lost about 11 pounds, with another 7 to go. I'm super energized, because it is SO CLOSE NOW!
  • Auube
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    I almost never take cheat days. It's so slow and hard to lose even .5 or 1 pound that unless it's truly some sort of special occasion (like Christmas or my anniversary) I don't cheat. I don't want to slow down what's already seemingly taking forever. I've lost about 11 pounds, with another 7 to go. I'm super energized, because it is SO CLOSE NOW!

Ahhhhhhhhh, that makes sense.
    I have been so good for about 2 weeks but now I feel drained and I ate random things today. Also, not feeling up for exercise much.
    Feeling maybe I need a break but upsets me more cause I had been so good.
    I need loads of motivation :(
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about 14 pounds... so a little bit more than 10, but not far off. I'm feeling pretty optimistic about it. I've done well sticking to my calories recently, and I know that if I can do it for a couple of days then I can do it for a couple of months :)
  • pwh300
    pwh300 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My problem is weekends. Dinner out and drinks. I go up 2 pounds and back down by Friday. I know I need to make better choices.

Need to lose 10 to 12 pounds.
  • nannersp61
    Options
    I figure I can set September 22 as a goal date. That gives me 63 days or 9 weeks, just a smidgen over a pound a week. If I do more than that, great. My son is getting married October 3, so I want to look good for his big day. I have been working hard on working out. I am hopeful that will help me look fit even if I am not at my goal weight.
  • IronBatMaiden
    IronBatMaiden Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    10 lbs is a big part of what I wanna lose. I'm up for it. Tomorrow when I get home from work, I'm gonna do 30 mins of strength training and 30 of cardio
  • gorgeousgirl1983
    gorgeousgirl1983 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! I'd love to do a 10 pound challenge with you all!! That's exactly what I'm aiming for and I've been looking for support and buddies, feel free to add me!!
    Is anyone here doing intermittent fasting as a part of their weight loss journey? That's what I'm looking to do paired with MFP and tracking my food and exercise
    I'd love to find other people working on intermittent fasting too for support
  • Quichee
    Options
    Greetings all!
    I do like this board because I feel a little whiny talking about ten pounds on boards where folks are (bless their hearts!) trying to lose more than 100! It's nice to meet a few people who are tackling something a little less daunting and get some support. My day went well: I dropped another pound. But tonight I have company and all that goes with that... Wish me luck! I'm off for a morning run so I at least get that in. (I'm an evening runner so this feels like a sacrifice!)

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Don't forget to appreciate how marvelous you are today!

So, how did it go last night? Having company is so tough on the diet. You make things for others and then try not to eat them yourself and then there are the dreaded leftovers. That's my nightmare. I grab cold leftovers out of the fridge the next day and oh well, enough said!
  • Quichee
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about 14 pounds... so a little bit more than 10, but not far off. I'm feeling pretty optimistic about it. I've done well sticking to my calories recently, and I know that if I can do it for a couple of days then I can do it for a couple of months :)

Hang in there. I'm in the same boat as you. A little more than 10 would be lovely. I've already lost about 8. It gets exciting and easier to stick to after you start losing. I put on a few things from my closet that I haven't been able to wear for a while and it feels great! : )
  • Quichee
    Options
    pwh300 wrote: »
    My problem is weekends. Dinner out and drinks. I go up 2 pounds and back down by Friday. I know I need to make better choices.

Need to lose 10 to 12 pounds.

Those words could have come straight out of my own mouth. Lol Aahh the weekends. Full of food and drinks....
  • nannersp61
    Options
    nannersp61 wrote: »
    I have much more than 10 pounds to go, but need small goals to get there. I have lost 32 pounds since January, but need to keep going until I have another 60 or 70 gone.My current weight is 202.4.

200.4 today(Thursday 7-23-15)
  • nannersp61
    Options
    @gorgeousgirl check out the Ketosis groups. A lot of them do intermittent fasting.
  • Auube
    Options
    Awesome work guys. .. stay motivated, be positive and you ll see great results.
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Well, I'll be "out of pocket" for a few days. I am bringing my food scale! LOL I'll report back once I reenter civilization. Hope you all have a wonderful few days.
  • Quichee
    Options
    You too. Stay safe.
  • Auube
    Options
    How's everyone's journey coming along?
    Let's catch up !