Curious - What are your macros?

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I only know grams. I'm about 130-133 lbs, in a deficit-Protein minimum is about 112, but I usually get way more. Fat is set to about 50 and I don't get enough, the rest are carbs.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Interesting. Thanks all.

It appears protein is the least variable at 18-30%. Carbs range mostly from 40% to 50 or 60%, with one 30%, and then there is a jump down to low carb at 15% o 5%. Fat ranges from 25% to 70% with most closer to 30% or so.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    My goal is carbs 35%, fat 35%, and protein 30%.
  • B_TEEN
    B_TEEN Posts: 95 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Plant-based, HCLF macros: carbs 70-80%, fats 5-15%, and protein 10-15%

Fiber averaging 40-55g per day.

Sugar - I don't monitor as substantially all of my sugar intake is fruit-based.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    50 carb 30 fat 20 protein is what it's set at, but I kind of just let it fall where it falls. As long as it's a balanced diet I don't care too much where they end up- usually closer to 65 25 10 (still getting enough protein though- chill)
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I just changed mine to 30-30-40 (protein-fat-carbs) from 25-30-45. The small increase in protein and reduction in carbs has made a surprising difference-- I feel full longer and full with less food.
  • pzyxian
    pzyxian Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    umayster wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    nvsmomketo wrote: »
    slp51 wrote: »
    Wow, carbs are super-low! Do you have enough energy throughout the day? Mine are:

C 45%
    F 25%
    P 30%

A very kind fitness expert who belongs to the site helped me set mine. I'm a small-framed 64 YO F, 5'4". I also did a little research and I think mine are great for me.

Curious as to why you have Cs so low and F so high?

low carb is all the rage...

If you throw in my gluten free diet (due to celiac disease), then I guess my diet is the "it" thing. Yep, it's all about staying with the trends...

simply commenting for the sake of the poster that low carb is all the rage right now...carbs are the latest and greatest dietary demon...google anything to do with weight loss currently and you're going to find low carb, low carb, low carb everywhere...there are valid reasons to low carb...but most people I know in the real world are just suckers for whatever the industry is going to throw out there...a lot of people here too...thus all of the carbs are the devil threads and whatnot.

people are generally ignorant...thus the current gluten free craze...and yes, there are valid reasons...but most people getting on that band wagon have no reason...again...ignorance.

For some of us in the US, about 2/3 of us in fact, carbohydrate levels need taming. Please don't mock and undermine those who need to restrict carbs.

Obesity and diabetes are at epidemic levels. While this epidemic was developing we as a nation increased carbohydrate intake as a percent of diet about 20% and decreased proteins and fat percentage. It really isn't as crazy as you are implying to focus on decreasing carb intake. Please respect that.

Mine:
    10% carbs
    20% protein
    70% fat

I'd love to see studies regarding your statements.

At the very bottom is a table by macro. I just realized it is only up to 2000.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5304a3.htm
    http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/obesity-overweight.htm

Hi, increased in carb intake might like to obesity. However, in countries with lowest obesity rates, they are most east Asia countries. I think their food intake are primarily carbs.
  • sevenofnine01
    sevenofnine01 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    10C/60F/30P is my ideal, but I don't always hit those marks. I end up keeping it low on carbs. My BF is a diabetic, so for us it's just easier. Since eating this way I feel healthier than when I ate low fat, higher carb.

Studies be dammed. As long as you feel healthy then everyone should do what works best for their own self.
  • brandnew222
    brandnew222 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    35 carbs 35 protein 30 fat
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    40/40/20

Lowest is carbs
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    pzyxian wrote: »
    Wow, carbs are super-low! Do you have enough energy throughout the day? Mine are:

C 45%
    F 25%
    P 30%

A very kind fitness expert who belongs to the site helped me set mine. I'm a small-framed 64 YO F, 5'4". I also did a little research and I think mine are great for me.

If you throw in my gluten free diet (due to celiac disease), then I guess my diet is the "it" thing. Yep, it's all about staying with the trends...

simply commenting for the sake of the poster that low carb is all the rage right now...carbs are the latest and greatest dietary demon...google anything to do with weight loss currently and you're going to find low carb, low carb, low carb everywhere...there are valid reasons to low carb...but most people I know in the real world are just suckers for whatever the industry is going to throw out there...a lot of people here too...thus all of the carbs are the devil threads and whatnot.

people are generally ignorant...thus the current gluten free craze...and yes, there are valid reasons...but most people getting on that band wagon have no reason...again...ignorance.

For some of us in the US, about 2/3 of us in fact, carbohydrate levels need taming. Please don't mock and undermine those who need to restrict carbs.

Obesity and diabetes are at epidemic levels. While this epidemic was developing we as a nation increased carbohydrate intake as a percent of diet about 20% and decreased proteins and fat percentage. It really isn't as crazy as you are implying to focus on decreasing carb intake. Please respect that.

Mine:
    10% carbs
    20% protein
    70% fat

Hi, increased in carb intake might like to obesity. However, in countries with lowest obesity rates, they are most east Asia countries. I think their food intake are primarily carbs.

"The prevalence of diabetes in China has risen rapidly, the authors write, from 0.9% in 1980 to 11.6% in 2010" They have the same problem now, but I'm not sure if they had similar increases in carb macro. China's obesity rates have also risen dramatically in a very short time period.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Carbs - 30-40%
    Fat - 30-35%
    Protein - 30-40%

My daily calories are in the 2,600-2,800 range.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It works out to:

30% protein
    25% fat
    45% carbs

As my intake goes up, my protein percentage goes down and the other two go up.
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Carbs - 400g/48%
    Protein - 173g/21%
    Fat - 115g/31%.

The moment I realised overdoing it on protein and skipping carbs was what was causing me to continually lose weight was a bloody revelation, I tell you.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I set mine by grams, not percentages.

2300 calories to maintain, broken down like this:
    Carbs: 246g 43%
    Fat: 95g 37%
    Protein: 115g 20%
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    C: 25%
    F: 40%
    P: 35%

Is to the point that I don't even really try to hit those macros. It's just what I eat.
  • TheNewKristin
    TheNewKristin Posts: 24 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

C 45%
    F 25%
    P 30%

This is exactly what mine are set for, but sometimes I end up over on fat. Occasionally it ends up 35C 35P 30F
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

C 45%
    F 25%
    P 30%

Mine:
    10% carbs
    20% protein
    70% fat

And there's the rub. Most high carb countries are typically low in terms of fat consumption, and those carbs are generally rice or starchy tuber based instead of the refined flour and sugar that make up so much of the consumption in the US.

The combination of high carb/high fat/low protein is the real problem.

• nvmomketo
    Options
    ajnb88 wrote: »
    Carbs - 400g/48%
    Protein - 173g/21%
    Fat - 115g/31%.

The moment I realised overdoing it on protein and skipping carbs was what was causing me to continually lose weight was a bloody revelation, I tell you.

Just curious, what (approximately) were your macros before, when you were losing weight?
  • nvmomketo
    Options

C 45%
    F 25%
    P 30%

Mine:
    10% carbs
    20% protein
    70% fat

And there's the rub. Most high carb countries are typically low in terms of fat consumption, and those carbs are generally rice or starchy tuber based instead of the refined flour and sugar that make up so much of the consumption in the US.

The combination of high carb/high fat/low protein is the real problem.

That's not true for the USA (and probably Canada too) in the last 40 years. I think fat fell while carbs and total calories rose. Protein fell a bit but it may just be because calories went up.