Breakfast ideas?

I'm looking for some new breakfast ideas. Must be able to take to work. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Replies

• caconnor1
    caconnor1 Posts: 10 Member
    Trader joes carries pre-cooked Steele cut oats in individual packages. You can take to work, microwave and have steel cut oats! Low in fat, high in fiber to keep you full till lunch. I often add blueberries or strawberries
  • tdr82
    tdr82 Posts: 48 Member
    I have a microwavable bowl and have a bag of oats for porridge. You can also use these bowl with cereal and milk (assuming work has a fridge).
  • hornseyme
    hornseyme Posts: 86 Member
    Porridge/chia seeds/water/agave
    Smoothies
    Overnight oats
    Yoghurt/granola/banana/cinnamon
    Hard boiled Egg/orange/tuna
  • pzyxian
    pzyxian Posts: 22 Member
    yogurt + nuts
  • mitchelsimps
    mitchelsimps Posts: 151 Member
    Oats and Protein Powder
  • meraki78
    meraki78 Posts: 43 Member
    qxxnhnk8yr83.jpg
    4 ingredient banana pancakes (egg,banana,baking soda and cinnamon) with strawberry, blueberry, peach fruit salad, Yumm!!!
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    I typically bring a piece of fruit (an apple or a peach) or a small ziplock bag of vegetables to work. Sometimes I'll do a bagel, or a skinny sugar-free blended latte.
  • gummybears700
    gummybears700 Posts: 7 Member
    i usually have an egg and a banana, but sometimes just a banana, sometimes that plus almonds
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    oatmeal with PB2, brown sugar, and cinnamon
    breakfast sandwich: Canadian bacon, light English muffin, egg whites, thin sliced cheddar.
    100 Cal Greek yogurt with strawberries and blueberries
  • maplegirlst
    maplegirlst Posts: 23 Member
    edited July 2015
    I am doing low-carb.
    I bring ....
    • Cheese snacks (like those individually wrapped string cheese but I like colbyjack, mozzarella pearls or Cabot cheddar)
    • Hard boiled eggs
    • Almonds (I roast them myself with just a pinch of salt - 350 oven for 12 minutes)
    • Coffee with 2 tbs of half/half (no sugar)

Sometimes I'll have half a Granny Smith apple with some Teddie's peanut butter.

I have a little dorm-sized fridge that I keep under my desk at work. I like to snack throughout the morning.

Keep in mind almonds have a lot of calories in them. I roast about a pound and keep them in a ziplock bag in my purse. I count out 5 or 10 then re-zip and put it back in my bag. I eat those 5-10 almonds and record it in MFP, then repeat if I want more. It isn't so much limiting myself as preventing mindless snacking.

One more tip: http://nomnompaleo.com/post/7486819479/prosciutto-wrapped-mini-frittata-muffins
    These individually sized prosciutto wrapped frittata's from Nom Nom Paleo are good (although a little salty from the prosciutto). You can make a batch on Sunday and heat them up in the microwave in the mornings before work.(or at work if you have a microwave)

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    If I'm eating breakfast at work I usually have yogurt or a piece of fruit. Bowl of cereal if I'm at home.
  • bigorangemichael
    bigorangemichael Posts: 27 Member
    mandiRN1 wrote: »
    qxxnhnk8yr83.jpg
    4 ingredient banana pancakes (egg,banana,baking soda and cinnamon) with strawberry, blueberry, peach fruit salad, Yumm!!!

Do you have a recipe or can you tell me how much baking soda and cinnamon I should use? Thank you in advance!
  • christieleigh_russo
    christieleigh_russo Posts: 5 Member
    All great ideas! I will definitely be trying some of these. Thanks guys
  • NCJayhawk
    NCJayhawk Posts: 5 Member
    I make these on weekends as a healthy splurge, but you could make in advance. Buckwheat pancakes with fresh blueberries added to mix - yumm! You can eat dry, or add a little butter/margarine, etc. or even a small amount of sugar-free syrup.
  • suvmom03103
    suvmom03103 Posts: 18 Member
    mandiRN1 wrote: »
    qxxnhnk8yr83.jpg

Recipe please
  • jamiealdridge02
    jamiealdridge02 Posts: 93 Member
    I love breakfast! We male egg sandwiches using egg whites sautéed veggies a tomato slice and a cheese slice and either hot sauce or mustard. Put it on an ezekiel bread English muffin and it is sooo good. We also make breakfast burritos using potaotes, eggs, sautéed veggies. We put them in microwaveable bowls and we can eat them at work. Oatmeal with almonds and cinnamon is a good idea so is ezekiel bread toast with peanut butter. I sometimes make smoothies using frozen fruit greek yogurt and milk.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    I practically live on Greek yogurt (plain or otherwise) + berries for breakfast and usually also include a handful (1/4 cup) of whole almonds. Depending on serving size that's 250-300 calories. That and coffee is all I need for my morning.