Headaches/cramps during dieting!?

Options
this is caused by either lack salt in your diet or dehydration!!

Remember to get your daily intake of good fats and drink plenty of water!

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    ok
  • jessm11595
    jessm11595 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    For me, the sugar withdraw is to blame. I admit I'm somewhat of a sugar junkie, so weening off of the high sugar/calorie diet I've had in the past gave me massive headaches. Try natural sugars like fruits and berries! They may help :) drink tons of water!
  • R_Turnz
    R_Turnz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    jessm11595 wrote: »
    For me, the sugar withdraw is to blame. I admit I'm somewhat of a sugar junkie, so weening off of the high sugar/calorie diet I've had in the past gave me massive headaches. Try natural sugars like fruits and berries! They may help :) drink tons of water!

Loads of nice sugars in fruit but eat it in moderation as sugar is sugar! But 100% drink tons of water!!
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Ok then.
  • ammadden97
    ammadden97 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Headaches here too. Sugar is my enemy! Lol.
    Drinking plenty of water myself even thou I crave soda.
  • R_Turnz
    Options
    ammadden97 wrote: »

Soda is good! Very good!!! But not healthy. Try blending some fruits and making some shakes!!
  • slaite1
    Options
    Ok guys-I don't really see how lack of sugar will cause headaches. Lack of adequate food or lowering carbs overall can cause headaches-plus about a million other things not diet related.

Yea, giving up soda can cause headaches bc of caffeine withdrawal.

Drinking plenty of water can help as dehydration is a common culprit. Not sure what fats have to do with anything.
  • R_Turnz
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    Ok guys-I don't really see how lack of sugar will cause headaches. Lack of adequate food or lowering carbs overall can cause headaches-plus about a million other things not diet related.

Drinking plenty of water can help as dehydration is a common culprit. Not sure what fats have to do with anything.

Fats!? All the bad things are needed but in moderation!
    A healthy diet is balanced! It's easy to lose weight starving your body of these things but is it healthy?
  • slaite1
    Options
    R_Turnz wrote: »

A healthy diet is balanced! It's easy to lose weight starving your body of these things but is it healthy?

Never said fats are bad. I was asking what fat intake has to do with headaches, as you listed it in your original post.
  • R_Turnz
    Options
    R_Turnz wrote: »

Never said fats are bad. I was asking what fat intake has to do with headaches, as you listed it in your original post.

Headaches can be caused by many factors during dieting. I mentioned fats because some people think they don't need them. Your body then craves them which in some cases can cause headaches