Best sports Bra?

Options
Can anyone recommend a good sports Bra? I need one with good support. 38 DD support that is.

TIA

Replies

• debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I love my Enell bras! They are pricy, but they are by far the best bras I have found for running and I am a 42G.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a Moving Comfort bra...Jubralee was the specific model. I think it might be the best sports bra I've ever had...VERY supportive and comfortable.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    This Panache is my favorite. This Freya is a close second.

I really prefer the underwire to any compression bra I've ever tried. I'm a 36 FF so support is really important to me.
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    New Balance are the best that I have found so far. Under fifty and support my C's that average 30 miles/ week.
  • marynificent
    marynificent Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    kristydi wrote: »
    This Panache is my favorite. This Freya is a close second.

I really prefer the underwire to any compression bra I've ever tried. I'm a 36 FF so support is really important to me.

Totally agree. Panache is my favorite hands down. I am. 32G/34F. Second favorite for me is shock absorber. This to be honest, when I ran a marathon, I opted for a wireless Nike compression bra in like a size medium as to avoid any movement or chafing. It was a bit constricting but served its purpose.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    LuLulemon Ta-Ta Tamer. 34DD, no bounce at all, even running. It can look a bit weird though because of the way the compression works at the top. Not a "cute" bra, but it gets the job done.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I'm about the same size as you OP and needing to find one as well.

Does anyone think Panache ones are pretty good with their sizing (could I order without trying on)?
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Also, anyone try those Shock Absorber ones? Sorry, OP to add my questions!
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Lulu Lemon - tata tamer
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I tried a lot of the pricey ones at sports stores. They didn't work well enough. They fit fine, but didn't stop them from bouncing around on top. Then I went to Lane Bryant. I'm also a 38dd. They fitted me and hooked me up with a great bra. It also has clasps on the sides of the band to help with putting it on/taking it off. I love it. I suggest going in to a store and being fitted because especially with sports bras, you need to make sure they fit well and work like you need them to.
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • marynificent
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »

Does anyone think Panache ones are pretty good with their sizing (could I order without trying on)?

They are both pretty tight. If you aren't accustomed to wearing European sizing, I would go up a band size. U.S. sizing favors a looser band and a smaller cup size, European sizing and high end bras here are more of the tight band, large cup style. For instance, a 38C, 36D, 34DD/E, 32DDD/F all hold the same volume of breast tissue, just disturbing the support and projection differently.
  • marynificent
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »

They are both pretty tight. If you aren't accustomed to wearing European sizing, I would go up a band size. U.S. sizing favors a looser band and a smaller cup size, European sizing and high end bras here are more of the tight band, large cup style. For instance, a 38C, 36D, 34DD/E, 32DDD/F all hold the same volume of breast tissue, just disturbing the support and projection differently.

Also, Nordstrom carries the panache bra and offers free sizing if there is one in your area. Totally worth stopping by.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I bought a minimiser for my 38h chest and OMG it's awesome there is less to worry about in that area tho I'll prolly try to find a sports bra to wear over it at some point.
  • porsiempre31
    porsiempre31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just got the new front close sports bra by Victoria's Secret 34dd and I love not struggling to get into a sports bra.
  • Shawna_L
    Shawna_L Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The underwire Panache is really nice. Great support, comfy straps, convertible to a racerback, good lift and separation so no uniboob, lightly padded = no visible headlights, no chafing, smooth look under clothing. I reach for it when hiking, biking, dancing. The downsides: somewhat bulky, expensive.

However, for high intensity workouts where I'm going to be doing a lot of jumping or frequent transitions from standing to the floor, I prefer Moving Comfort's Fiona bra. No bounce at all, great in terms of wicking moisture, lightweight, no chafing. Love the adjustable velcro straps. The downsides: uniboob, visible headlights.

In terms of sizing, I wear 34DDD in my regular daytime Wacoal bras, 34DD in the Fiona, and 34F in the Panache.
  • Carla2299
    Carla2299 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have just recently discovered Victoria Secret's Knockout! I was skeptical of the front closure but will never struggle getting in or out of a sports bra again. I believe they have sizes (online) up to DDD
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I ended buying a couple of champion sports bras with underwire and I love them!!
  • ghartleroad1
    ghartleroad1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Title Nine (Moving Comfort) are the only ones I will ever buy now. I started as a 38D/36DD and am now down to 34D. My BFF was bigger than me and also swears by them. The last thing I want when working out is an underwire, which is nearly a necessity for bigger tops. They have a one year return policy and are categorized by size, support, features, etc. They even have live online chat to help you get the correct size. The only reason I buy news ones is because I "shrunk" not be cause they wore out. I can run all day in them and never bounce or be in pain. My preferred model is the "7 Wonders Bra". I can also twist around in yoga or weight lifting and it never moves.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I like sportjock.