Which FitBit?

Options
I'm thinking of investing in a FitBit, but am clueless as to which one to get. Please help lol

Replies

• Caletara
    Caletara Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've tried both the One and Flex. While I prefer having something on my wrist, I found the flex to have poor battery life, trouble charging and keeping a charge on a regular basis. I'm back to my One right now and the battery life and charging ability is much better. The only downfall with the One is the sleep band isn't that great(i dont use it for sleep), you cant shower with it, and occasionally during high pressure storms the pressure will cause your stairs/steps to be inaccurate.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    If you go to their website you can see what features each one has.

https://www.fitbit.com/store

Choose the one based on the features that you feel will help you the most. I have had the Zip for over two years now. I went with that one because I wasn't worried about tracking sleep or stairs. I like that I can clip it on and it can be discreet, plus I'm not a real fan of bracelets. I like to use the Arc Trainer at the gym and since I tend to hold on to keep my balance I don't have to worry about accuracy.
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I had the One and I now have the Charge. I loved the one, but it fell off one too many times. (And was flushed away forever...) So I like the Charge because I feel like there's less chance of it coming off. I kind of wished I would have gotten the Charge HR, but overall I'm happy with the Charge.
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    eileensofianmushinfine Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR. I love it. Watch-like band is comfortable. I use it to monitor step2, sleep, and heart rate during exercise.
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I had the zip and I now have the charge HR and I absolutely love it.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and love it as well. I like that it has the band like a watch, it feels more secure after having a Flex. I also like being able to see my progress without having to go to the app.
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I got the charge and love it but wish I spent the extra $20-30 more and got the charge HR.
  • FairyDandy
    FairyDandy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had the FitBit Flex and recently upgraded to a Charge HR. They both got me moving but the HR has a lot more functionality and stays on better. It's been interesting watching my resting heart rate come down as my exercise levels have gone up too!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of investing in a FitBit, but am clueless as to which one to get.

Which model you choose is entirely a matter of personal preference. They all calculate your TDEE and sync with MFP. Some track your sleep. Some have a heart rate monitor. Some are wristbands, while others clip to your clothes.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I have the charge HR and love it. I tried the Surge for a day but it's simply just too big and bulky....unless you're a large man.
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have had the Zip for nearly a year and I'm still really happy with it. I opted for that one as I wasn't interested in the sleep, steps, or heart rate monitor - I haven't thought "oh, I wish I had gone for one with x function" at all. I also really like it clips on, so I can wear it wherever.
  • PinkDeerBoy
    PinkDeerBoy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just recently ordered a fitbit zip, and it is supposed to be here today. I wanted to get one of the cheaper ones to decide how I liked it, and how motivational I found it. I kept looking at the more expensive ones and asking myself "Will I really use all of those functions?" If I like the zip I might put away some extra cash here and there to get the charge HR if I feel I need it, and then give the zip to my father. But for now, I think I will be happy with the zip.
  • msujack
    msujack Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My 2 pennies worth: I bought the Charge (non-HR) and started using it July 6th.

I personally like the following: comfortable to wear, the notifications on it from an incoming call, ability to see progress through the day, charging is quick (about an hour), vibrating alarm in the morning (well, my wife likes that part the most). I also like the dashboard online and the app.

What could use some improvement: not waterproof (not hard to take off for shower or at beach), battery needs charging every 5-6 days, clasp works, but I worry about it popping off (so I bought a little rubber holder that slides over the clasp, problem solved).

Overall, I didn't think that I would get much out of the HR version of the Charge as I am mostly walking and I didn't see the cost-benefit in adding $30 for HR tracking when I need to be less concerned about HR when I am not elevating my heart rate daily at this point. Tracking heart rate for mostly low impact activities that I am doing just seemed like data overload. If you are going to be doing higher impact exercises that significantly increase your heart rate, I think the $30 extra would be worth it.

I personally wanted to spend enough that I would want to use it enough to justify the costs and have some bells and whistles; but I didn't want to over-spend on it just for the latest and greatest. I will tell you that if I continue to use it as much as I do now, I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade (and if they ever get a waterproof one, that will be on my wrist).
  • MissAbbee
    MissAbbee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have the One and it lasted me two years before giving out on me, when Fitbit helpfully sent me a replacement! I like that I can clip it onto my bra and it doesn't get in the way. I work in a PR office so the wristbands would have been judged by colleagues and started too many conversations that have nothing to do with them!
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I had the Flex and liked it but it kept coming off my arm and eventually was lost forever. I now have the Charge HR and love it. It goes on like a watch so I'm not losing it. I love how motivated I stay with my Fitbit. I make a conscious effort to get up from my desk and walk around during the day.
  • franfran1821
    franfran1821 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Charge HR!
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I enjoy my Zip. I have a Polar FT 7 for heart rate monitoring. I had the Charge HR in the beginning, but mine was malfunctioning (saying I took the stairs 30 times when it was 3) so I returned it and got the Polar. At the time all I really wanted was HR monitoring. But then I got curious about the steps I took at my retail job and walking around the theme parks, so I got the Zip. I really like this combo better!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    It kind of depends on you. First a couple of questions:

Do you wear a watch now? If you don't wear anything on your wrists and don't think you can change that, the One is a great option. If you do wear a watch, do you have a compatible smart phone? Do you need something water resistant? If yes to both: Flex. If no to both, you may want something with a bit more data shown on the device (Flex data is viewable by phone app or computer at Fitbit.com) so look into Charge or Surge. BUT if you want data on the device and need something water resistant, you'll need to figure out which feature is more important.
    I'm thinking of investing in a FitBit, but am clueless as to which one to get. Please help lol

• LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have a polar A300. It looks more like a watch--has a larger appearance. And it only has heart rate monitoring if you wear a chest strap. BUT--it is waterproof, offers all the features of a non-HR fitbit, and with the heart-rate band, can give you heart rate data while you swim as well as for your other sports. The heart rate band can talk both to the wrist band and any heart-rate compatible phone app (eg: runkeeper) you may use. The wrist band only needs charging every couple of weeks; the chest strap has a removable battery that lasts months. (Polar users--it is basically an FT7 with activity monitoring added).

If you swim, consider the Polar. If you want 24 hour heart-rate monitoring and don't swim, try fitbit HR.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitbit.com/compare Compare the features you want. I have the flex, I love it. I put a little rubber band on the band just in case it falls off. For those of you that lost your flex, call customer service. As long as you have the receipt they'll replace it at no cost to you, if you're nice to them. I plan on upgrading to the Surge soon. Also, QVC is offering payment plans on all of them if anyone doesn't want to shell out $250 all at once.