SPORTS BRA ADVICE

Options
Does anyone have a store they really love to buy their sports bras from? I am large chested (D), and need a lot of support, but it seems like I always have to tighten the straps to the point that it's uncomfortable. Would love to know what everyone else uses.

Replies

• rhyolite_
    rhyolite_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD. The sports bra I've found with the best support for running is the Knockout front close by VS. I have a couple from Target that are just okay.

I've been lucky a few times to find good ones at discount stores like TJ Maxx or Ross. But that's rare because of the size.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Amazon Amazon AMAZON! :D

As a fellow large-chested female, you will spend like $75 on a supportive sports bra in the store. (Unless you happen upon a ginormous sale.)

My go-to method:
    I add a ton of bras to my Amazon Wish List, and then price-watch until they're down to the $20 range. Then I order those suckers! And feel hella victorious for stickin' it to the man. B)

Brands I personally love/endorse:

- Panache
    - UnderArmour
    - Champion
    - Moving Comfort

And I hear good things about Shock Absorber, but haven't tried that one myself.

Happy Amazon-hunting!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Amazon Amazon AMAZON! :D

As a fellow large-chested female, you will spend like $75 on a supportive sports bra in the store. (Unless you happen upon a ginormous sale.)

My go-to method:
    I add a ton of bras to my Amazon Wish List, and then price-watch until they're down to the $20 range. Then I order those suckers! And feel hella victorious for stickin' it to the man. B)

Brands I personally love/endorse:

- Panache
    - UnderArmour
    - Champion
    - Moving Comfort

And I hear good things about Shock Absorber, but haven't tried that one myself.

Happy Amazon-hunting!

Pretty much that. I have underwire sports bras from Panache and Freya and really like them. I think both both of those companies use UK sizing. Herroom.com has a great universal bra size thing that will help you figure out what size to get.

I hate compression bras and refuse to buy them so I suggest you look for bras that encapsulate each boob, rather than squishing them down. I have read that compression bras on bigger chested women can add to future sagging because rather than stopping bounce they cause the breast tissue to bounce as one big mass. That apparently causes the ligament that support the breasts to stretch and causes sagging. I don't know how scientifically sound this is, but my experience seems to support it.
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    Options
    I bought a Freya one off Amazon that I like, others I got at Dicks/Sports Authority. I'm a 40DD and do HIIT workouts regularly so I need good support.
  • ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret and under armour. This is the best bra there is, imo.
  • ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
  • tkaysmiles
    tkaysmiles Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The best one for me is the Victoria Secret Bras. I have tried under armour and Nike and non are as comfortable or hold the girls like the VS bras do. And I need the support!! Well worth watching for the sales at VS to get a few.
  • Liftin4food
    Liftin4food Posts: 175 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm in the UK and have a couple of very ugly ones from Marks and Spencer - but they do the job.

I recently brought a shock absorber one from amazon. Love this one. Will do as suggested above about the wish list thing - if the prices drop low I'll stock up on a few more :) Thanks for the tip.
  • Bacchants
    Bacchants Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I hate having to deal with straps slipping and also pulling sports bras over my head.

I love the Marks and Spencers Extra High Impact bra which has front closure. It goes on like a jacket and has no straps to adjust/fall down.

Although I don't do running, only biking/lifting so I'm not sure how well it would support running!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Im a 36G I wear shock absorber. Theres an outlet mall nearish to me that has a shock absorber/ panache store i get them from infact im hitting them next tuesday for their 3 for the price of 2 sale aling with the new balance, nike and adidas stores for fitness related stuff :smiley:
  • smurdock1991
    smurdock1991 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is a really helpful thread! Bump!
  • annemmr
    annemmr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber all the way. My cup size changes drastically with my weight. I am just out of a DD and comfortably in a D but at my lighter weight will end up a smaller C. The Shock Absorber is my go to for sports brad as well as an excellent binder base and is comfortable at all sizes.
  • JonesM7801
    JonesM7801 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I started my weight-loss journey, I was a 44DDD. I'm now a 36D, but I still use the same style bra. I love the tata tamer 2 from lululemon. I do a TON of running and it keeps all my business in place as I run (which is a miracle). It's a little bit more expensive, but it lasts a long time! the only time i have to buy a new one is when i see a cute color i like :D