MY favorite breakfast, Whats yours?

Options
Walmart Great Value - Fat-free Cottage Cheese Small Curds, 1/2 cup

Driscolls - Fresh Raspberries, 0.5 cup

Fiber One - Fiber One Bran Cereal, 30 g (1/2 cup)

Silk - Unsweetened Cashew Milk, 2 oz

Cafe bustelo - espresso coffee, 1 tbsp

Mix the first 3 ingredients all together, and enjoy with a cup of coffee with milk. Lots of protein, fiber and it is very filling! Only 163 cals.

Replies

• crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Scrambled or over medium eggs, Lucerne 4% fat cottage cheese, turkey bacon or sausage, some sort of berries with a little honey and a strong black tea.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Bacon crispy, eggs over easy, Johnsonville link sausage, Whataburger patty sausage, chocolate chip pancakes, and strawberries.
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My current favourite is wholegrain porridge oats cooked with semi-skimmed milk, and a scoop of strawberry whey mixed in afterwards. It's delicious, and fills me up for a few hours :)

Sometimes I replace the whey with peanut or almond butter if I want the fats.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Bacon cabbage frittata - I cut it into fourths and have a decent size piece everyday for 144 calories.
    frittata.jpg
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    buckwheat flax pancakes with peanut butter and maple syrup. I rarely eat breakfast, but when I do, it's usually this.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I like larger breakfasts.

I usually have a 2-egg omelet with at least two vegetables and feta. That's about 225-250. Now, to bulk it up and add more protein I usually add some other protein (lately leftover chicken, often smoked salmon, greek yogurt, or cottage cheese), and fruit. Ends up around 400 calories depending on the details.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Inspired by a local restaurant that does a bangup Saturday brunch business with their cheesy shrimp and grits loaded with veggies, I've gotten on a savory whole grain hot cereal kick: Quaker multigrain hot cereal + mushrooms + spinach, kale, or chard + half a tomato, + a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Sometimes I'll add a little leftover pork or beef.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I love shrimp and grits so much. Keep meaning to make it for dinner (and to try the savory hot cereal thing for breakfast).
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Bacon crispy, eggs over easy, Johnsonville link sausage, Whataburger patty sausage, chocolate chip pancakes, and strawberries.

Can I go next time?
  • spat095
    spat095 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Bacon cabbage frittata - I cut it into fourths and have a decent size piece everyday for 144 calories.
    frittata.jpg

That looks great!

My favorite is oatmeal made with almond milk and liquid egg whites - you can't taste the egg, it just adds volume to the dish and tons of protein - I mix in a tbs of peanut butter and a tsp of honey.
  • WrkinProg55
    WrkinProg55 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Scrambled or over medium eggs, Lucerne 4% fat cottage cheese, turkey bacon or sausage, some sort of berries with a little honey and a strong black tea.

Mmmm!
  • WrkinProg55
    Options
    ajnb88 wrote: »
    My current favourite is wholegrain porridge oats cooked with semi-skimmed milk, and a scoop of strawberry whey mixed in afterwards. It's delicious, and fills me up for a few hours :)

Sometimes I replace the whey with peanut or almond butter if I want the fats.

Love breakfast! That sounds Delicious!
  • WrkinProg55
    Options
    frittata.jpg

HOLY CRAP THAT LOOKS GOOOOOD!
  • WrkinProg55
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I love shrimp and grits so much. Keep meaning to make it for dinner (and to try the savory hot cereal thing for breakfast).

Mmmm that sounds amazing!
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    It's really delicious. I make a lot of different frittatas, but I just keep making this one over and over. It's quick and easy and then you get to eat breakfast for 4 days!

Ingredients:
    4 slices center cut bacon
    8oz sliced cabbage (I use bagged coleslaw or regular cabbage)
    4 eggs
    4 egg whites or ¾ cup liquid egg whites
    ¼ cup nonfat milk
    Salt/pepper to taste
    1-2 scallions, sliced

Method:
    Chop and crisp the bacon in a pan. Remove the bacon and cook the cabbage in the remaining bacon grease until soft – set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper. Line the bottom of a cake pan with parchment paper. Pour egg mixture into pan and add cabbage distributing evenly. Top with bacon and scallions. Bake at 400 for approx. 20 minutes until set.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    It's really delicious. I make a lot of different frittatas, but I just keep making this one over and over. It's quick and easy and then you get to eat breakfast for 4 days!

How does this keep in the fridge? Do you just put it in a plastic container and take out a slice every morning?

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Bacon, coffee with whipping cream or coconut cream, a scrambled egg with salsa. Mmmm.
  • Queenmunchy
    edited July 2015
    Options
    DataSeven wrote: »

How does this keep in the fridge? Do you just put it in a plastic container and take out a slice every morning?

Yep, or just saran wrap over the top of the pan.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have a breakfast sandwich maker that I use every morning. English muffin, canadian bacon, american cheese and an egg (basically a homemade egg mcmuffin.) Takes less than 5 minutes and it's delicious!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    That I eat now? Mixed berries, mushed up with a crumbled Nature Valley Crunchy Granola bar (Apple Crisp flavor only) mixed in.

My old favorite would have to be fresh toast, potato casserole and some ham. With lots of syrup.