Older people losing weight

Options
Looking for older people for support in loosing weight - anyone out there :*

Replies

• ohlaurie15
    ohlaurie15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute. If your birthday is 1964, you're only 51. You're not old. I'm 58. I'm old, lol!
  • ohlaurie15
    ohlaurie15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Either way, support is the best way to do this...I have 40 lbs. to lose...ok, 50 lbs.
  • tmtres
    tmtres Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Define older.
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am going on 54, and I FEEL old! Want to loose 30lbs. :/
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Hey, 51 is not old. Well, not that old anyway.
  • alaiyo
    alaiyo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ohlaurie14 wrote: »
    Wait a minute. If your birthday is 1964, you're only 51. You're not old. I'm 58. I'm old, lol!

• alaiyo
    alaiyo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute!! I am 60 and I am not old just vintage!! You are old around 99!!
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    There's a 50 Something group you might want to check out. I don't belong to it because I refuse to think of myself as "old/older". I'm 52 and classic.
  • gluten2012
    gluten2012 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 66. And I say I'm LOW and SLOW...low on estrogen and slow metabolism. But I am doing well on MFP. I just keep tracking.
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    65 and lovin it!!!! Watch advanced style on Netflix, wonderful!!!! Just joined, have 200 to lose, married 41 yrs n 65. Gayle Minneapolis
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I prefer the term "experienced." "Seasoned" works, too.
  • Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am 67 a mother to 4 grandmother to 24 and great grandmother to 14. I don't class myself as old well, not yet anyway :)<3B)
  • SockSaver
    SockSaver Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Vintage, seasoned, classic, experienced, rare, ripe, venerable, prime, choice, enduring, perennial, veteran, just to name a few of the words I use to describe myself. And weight loss is possible at this age, we just have to pay attention. Must get my BMI under 35 before my surgeon will fix hernia.