Women, how much do you lift?

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    jmac4263 wrote: »
    a machine, I have always had trouble with this and now that I have seen an average of others lifting well over It has me wondering....as I look back in the post I see that someone asked if leg extensions were same as leg press.... Seems I am just weak at this and need to work on it :neutral:

I always do less on the machine. It is just not as comfortable.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Squats 185
    Deadlifts 175
    Bench press 95
    OHP 70
    Row 110
  • milkywayward
    milkywayward Posts: 27 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    At my most recent workout:

Squats - 87.5kg (193lbs) for 5x5
    Deadlifts - 97.5kg (215lbs) for 1x5
    Lat pulldown - I do assisted pullups for BW-10kg, so effectively 55kg (121lbs) for 3x5
    Bench press - 42.5kg (94lbs) for 5x5
    OHP - 32.5kg (72lbs) for 3x5
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I just discovered that I am a wimp and my heavy poundage 50lbs for deadlifts are equal to the dreaded pink weights. LMBO BTW I don't use machines just dumbbells and barbells.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I just discovered that I am a wimp and my heavy poundage 50lbs for deadlifts are equal to the dreaded pink weights. LMBO BTW I don't use machines just dumbbells and barbells.

Everyone starts somewhere. If it is heavy to you it's not equal to using the pink weights. The pink weight joke means that someone isn't trying to get stronger.
  • lesliezimmer
    lesliezimmer Posts: 85 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    How much do you lift and how many reps for:
    Squats: 75 lbs 4-5 times 2
    Deadlifts: I don't do them
    Shoulder press: 20 lbs dumbbells 5-6 2
    Bicep Curl: 20 lbs dumbbells 4-5 2
    Lat pulldown: 75 lbs 4-5 2
    Bench press: I don't do it
    Leg curl: 90 lbs 5-6 2
    Leg extension: 50 lbs I think 5 @ 2

^^ I put mine up there :)

It does vary day to day though. If I'm particularly exhausted, my body definitely can't lift as much, so my normal routine is to pick up a weight and try it. If it's too heavy where I can't even do one, I go down one, and do 4-5, then move on to another exercise, do the same thing, do 4-5 and I do like 5 exercises in all, each one twice. This is usually after 15-20 minutes of HIIT cardio - 4 days a week.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm being careful after a lower back injury last year (unrelated to lifting), and I'm at...

Deadlift 125 lbs
    Barbell Hack Squat ( no squat rack :( ) 125 lbs
    Bench Press 87 lbs
    Row 87 lbs
    Overhead Press 65 lbs

I lift at home with limited equipment.
  • milkywayward
    milkywayward Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Everyone starts somewhere. If it is heavy to you it's not equal to using the pink weights. The pink weight joke means that someone isn't trying to get stronger.
    Yup! You'll get there. I still feel like my lifts are embarrassingly low. I feel like you never really feel like you're lifting heavy enough for it to be impressive. Every time I hit a personal target I'm looking to the next milestone.
  • Kelly2300
    Kelly2300 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Squat 135 lbs
    Deadlift 185 lbs
    Row - 90 lbs
    Bench Press - 85 lbs

I am loving seeing all of these numbers
  • JynxedDiamond
    JynxedDiamond Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I lift my cat.....So like? 8-9 pounds? Yeah.
  • sweetochiken
    sweetochiken Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You ladies can put a man to shame. Lol. I am so impressed. I havent had the balls to squat that much, i barely get 60 lbs on the smith machine. I just started this a couple of months. How long did it take you guys to start lifting more than your body weight?
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Squat: 5x5 @ 195, one rep max 225lbs
    Deadlift: 1x5 @ 235, one rep max 245lbs
    OHP: 5x5 @ 70, one rep max 80lbs
    Bench: 5x5 @ 90, one rep max 100lbs
    Rows: 5x5 @ 90, one rep max 110lbs

One rep max last tested 12/31/14
  • rushbabe0214
    rushbabe0214 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    How much do you lift and how many reps for:
    Squats
    Deadlifts
    Shoulder press
    Bicep Curl
    Lat pulldown
    Bench press
    Leg curl
    Leg extension

I do 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps on all these lifts:

Squats - 105 lbs
    Deadlifts - 105 lbs
    Shoulder Press - 40 lbs
    Bicep Curl - 20 lbs
    Lat Pulldown - I workout at home with a band system since I don't have a pulley attachment, so the weight will not translate very well
    Bench Press - 75 pounds
    I'm not currently doing leg curls or extensions
  • usmcmp
    Options
    You ladies can put a man to shame. Lol. I am so impressed. I havent had the balls to squat that much, i barely get 60 lbs on the smith machine. I just started this a couple of months. How long did it take you guys to start lifting more than your body weight?

Switch from Smith Machine to free weights. Smith machine is an unnatural movement pattern and puts greater torque on your lower back than free weights.
  • Naener
    Naener Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    its been a while since i did anything but beat my own @$$ in a Body pump class at the gym as far as weights are concerned.
    let me think....

Squats: never gotten to use the machines, just getting off a knee injury, so im only back up to 45lbs
    Deadlifts: i did the long bar with two 25's on each side last time i used free weights so... 125?
    Shoulder press: i cant recall. maybe 65?
    Bicep Curl: dont really do these unless its a 5 minute straight bicep track in the body pump class...
    Lat pulldown. 80
    Bench press: i havent done a real bench press in ages... no idea
    Leg curl: 50-60lbs
    Leg extension: same ^
  • sweetochiken
    Options
    @usmcmp i do free weight squats with a barbell, but i am not strong enough to use heavy weights yet. I use the smith machine to help me lift heavier,(hopefully help me get stronger) am i sabotaging my squats with using that machine?
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Not as much as I'd like.

Squat: 200 1RM
    Deads: 225 x3
    Bench: 120# for reps (5x5)
    OHP: 85# for reps (5x5)
    Lat pulldowns: 60-110# depending on what I'm doing that day.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    @usmcmp i do free weight squats with a barbell, but i am not strong enough to use heavy weights yet. I use the smith machine to help me lift heavier,(hopefully help me get stronger) am i sabotaging my squats with using that machine?

You could be hurting yourself using the smith machine. It would be better to add in other types of squat accessory work, like goblet squats or suitcase squats or box squats. For your main squats it's best to use the barbell, even if all you use is the barbell with no weight.
  • sweetochiken
    Options
    Got it, does seem awkward using smith machine. My barbell is 45 lbs. So i guess that will work for now. I'll look into the exercises you mentioned too. Thanks.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    It depends on what week it is for what I'm using for reps, but my 1RMs are

Deadlift 205 lbs
    Squat 120 lbs
    Bench 90 lbs
    Overhead press 65 lbs

Honestly, I'm pretty proud of those since I only weigh 110 lbs. I think I'm going to have to put some weight on if I want those numbers to go up.