Going Vegan; Need Recipies

natstar26
natstar26 Posts: 130 Member
I recently have started going vegan. I'm doing this for Heath reasons. I have struggled with being obese my whole life. I haven been doing it for 2 weeks and have lost 4 lbs already. I have had lots of chest pains and prehypertension with my old ways of eating. I want to keep it interesting, so I can keep it fun and enjoy life. TIA

Replies

• kimbergranola
    kimbergranola Posts: 52 Member
    Check out Fat Free Vegan's blog! Also Oh She Glows! Great recipe ideas there!!

And welcome from a long time Vegan! :smile:
  • natstar26
    Great!! Thank you!
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Meat replacements may help as you transition into new recipes. I absolutely love morning star. Veggie burgers, chik'n nuggets and patties-just tried the "sausage". It's delicious. Eventually I'll use them less but they are so easy and quick.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    I'm not Vegan (or vegetarian), but will second the Oh, She Glows recommendation.

I think The New Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone has some vegan stuff. I haven't tried a lot of veggie cookbooks, but that was recommended to me and is really very good.
  • natstar26
    Yes, I've tried vegan hotdogs ect and they are yummy but I know I will have to phase them out as its to high in sodium lol it's not easy but my health is more important than a piece of food lol ty
  • B_TEEN
    B_TEEN Posts: 95 Member
    Search "the vegan corner" on YouTube. They provide great but easy recipes & generally common ingredients

****No, I'm not affiliated****
  • KillRKit
    KillRKit Posts: 18 Member
    Happy Herbivore has super delicious recipes with nutritional info for all. (Although they are also low fat/fat free...add your own healthy fats as desired) I always check out the books from our library but the website is great too.
  • KillRKit
    KillRKit Posts: 18 Member
    Oh, also Thug Kitchen is super funny and has delicious recipes
  • meganelizam
    meganelizam Posts: 4 Member
    I'm a huge fan of lite tofu! I also am a huge pasta fan, and I've discovered 15 cal miracle noodles in the vegan section at most grocery store. So good! And I can mix it with marinara!
  • Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    OhSheGlows thirded - really tasty stuff. Lots of vegan groups on Facebook too x
  • Sassycrax
    Sassycrax Posts: 2 Member
    Instagram- deliciouslyella! There is also an app. She has the fastest selling cookbook of all time if I'm not mistaken. Beautiful healthy recipes ;)
  • MissElectricEyeliner
    MissElectricEyeliner Posts: 122 Member
    edited July 2015
    Morning Star is a vegetarian brand (not vegan because they sometimes contain egg or dairy product). They have really good food, especially the chik patties. I was vegetarian for three years when I was 10-13ish.

From the website:
    If you are interested in vegan products, which means a food does not contain any animal ingredients including eggs and dairy, we offer:
    Morningstar Farms Grillers Chik'n Veggie Patties
    Morningstar Farms Hickory BBQ Riblets
    Morningstar Farms Roasted Garlic and Quinoa burgers