Making up for over eating..

DanniB423
DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
On Tuesday night I ate 900 calories over my day. This doesn't happen to me often. I divided it out to make up for it by quick adding 225 calories per day.. Putting me at 1100 for 4 days! I think it was a stupid choice considering how starving I feel. Have any of yall ever done this? The only reason I didn't just make it up with exericise is because I work out on fitness blender at home.. I have no activity tracker and don't eat back exercise calories anyway.

Replies

• soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    If you restrict yourself that much the next several days, you meant end up binging again. Maybe a smaller deficit or just learn your lesson and move on :)
  • DanniB423
    If you restrict yourself that much the next several days, you meant end up binging again. Maybe a smaller deficit or just learn your lesson and move on :)

I think you are right. I did it yesterday and have my day today prelogged and it's almost dinner time.. Tomorrow I'm going back to normal! Lol
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    I don't really make up after the fact. If I plan and save up calories, fine. In this instance I would definitely not go that low. It doesn't have to be perfect. Just make sure you hit your goal the rest of the week and accept you MAY lose a little less this week. 900 is insignificant- Move on.
  • tomofnj
    tomofnj Posts: 88 Member
    edited July 2015
    You can always go walk a few miles, for a few days in a row and just burn it up.
    Eating less makes me grumpy.
  • DanniB423
    It is so frustrating because it wasn't even anything super exciting like pizza or a dinner out. I literally walked around the house grabbing random handfuls of goldfish.. A cheese stick.. PB bread... Oh well. I had a stressful day Tuesday (a lovely disagreement with my husband). Both don't happen often. So moving on. lol
  • DanniB423
    tomofnj wrote: »
    You can always go walk a few miles, for a few days in a row and just burn it up.
    Eating less makes me grumpy.

Yes. I am very hangry. :D
  • DanniB423
    slaite1 wrote: »
    I don't really make up after the fact. If I plan and save up calories, fine. In this instance I would definitely not go that low. It doesn't have to be perfect. Just make sure you hit your goal the rest of the week and accept you MAY lose a little less this week. 900 is insignificant- Move on.

Yup. Makes total sense. Thank you.
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Move on.. you know the saying "One workout does not make you skinny and one meal does not make you fat." Lesson learned and be more aware moving forward.. (Goldfish are banned from my house..awesome stress snacking food filled with empty calories that add up so quickly)
  • DanniB423
    Move on.. you know the saying "One workout does not make you skinny and one meal does not make you fat." Lesson learned and be more aware moving forward.. (Goldfish are banned from my house..awesome stress snacking food filled with empty calories that add up so quickly)

True!!! I normally don't even care about goldfish. Cheez it's are banned from my house. Lol :)
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    I did this on Saturday. i do catering on Saturdays and the job on Saturday was just 9 hours on my feet until 1:30am. Everyone was in a bad mood and that put me in one too. We were so busy I didn't get to eat my "clean" food i usually bring. By the time work was done I was so hungry and annoyed I just said eff it, I want this this this and this. I ate a lot more than 900 calories but decided to just let it go and be good the rest of the week. Want this water weight to go away though!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    We went to an all you can eat place last night, and tonight we're going to a pasta restaurant. We go out to dinner maybe once every couple of months, so two nights in a row has completely thrown me.
    The only thing I can do is walk my *kitten* off and try and get into the green again.

So yeah, my advice is to try and exercise it off.