Potato chips lover? Try these.

Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I am delighted I live in neither of those countries

I eat crisps daily ...generally quavers, popchips or melted cheese and bacon pops ...multipacks tend to be under 20g, all under 90 calories
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Lol what does being happy not to live in northern America have to do with salty crunchy snacks?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Lol what does being happy not to live in northern America have to do with salty crunchy snacks?

I share this confusion.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Wii_Player wrote: »

I've tried those. They're very good. I also love Popchips. Delicious and come in many different flavours.
    popchips_bag.png
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I am delighted I live in neither of those countries

I eat crisps daily ...generally quavers, popchips or melted cheese and bacon pops ...multipacks tend to be under 20g, all under 90 calories

Special K stuff is actually pretty tasty - it's just that they cut the portions way, way down, individually wrap them, and then charge you more for it because they've done the portion control for you.

I once bought a box of their chocolate brownies (90 cal). They were really good. So good, I ate three of them, which - sort of negated the portion control aspect. Still fit within my calorie limit, but I could find a much cheaper 270 calorie treat.
  • Sued0nim
    edited July 2015
    Options

The links were to Canada and us sites, I'm hopeful a cracker replacement for chips doesn't exist here :)

Cos chips aren't crackers, crackers are for cheese ..dems da rules
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Wii_Player wrote: »

I've tried those. They're very good. I also love Popchips. Delicious and come in many different flavours.
    popchips_bag.png

Salt & pepper popchips go great with hummus
  • JensJourney11
    JensJourney11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bought the Special K cracker chips last week, I think they are a great substitute! Same with popchips.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat real potato chips, as long as it fits into my calorie goal for the day.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Those that keep saying "as long as it fits my goals" yeah..that's the point of the substitutes. I'd rather an entire bowl of popcorn over 5 chips, because who eats 5 chips? The point the OP is making, is if you still crave the crunch, here's some alternatives to chips.
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I discovered twistos this summer. (not sure if they are only on Canada or not.)

http://www.twistos.ca/

Only 100 calories per serving and so so good. Actually like them better than chips.
  • Crystalp2281
    Crystalp2281 Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the tips...I'm gonna see if I can get my hubby to try them! He's a chips junkie....and it's a tough fight in our household! LOL
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Those aren't bad!
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I love these!! I picked up a bag out of curiosity one day at the gas station when I was jonesing for something salty. They're not "crackers"-- they still have that chip taste, but without all the greasy oiliness. I got the barbeque ones and loved them. For what they are, the nutrition panel is pretty okay in my book. ;)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I tried them this weekend and loved them as well :)
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

The links were to Canada and us sites, I'm hopeful a cracker replacement for chips doesn't exist here :)

Cos chips aren't crackers, crackers are for cheese ..dems da rules

The sour cream and onion flavor is super-gross with cheddar and it felt weird trying to eat the multigrain (or wheat, it's been a while since I've bought a bag so ICR) with cheese.

Personally, I'm now satisfied with half-portions of chips for 75 calories. I realize I could have twice as much for 120 calories with Special K, but I don't really need it.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    lilRicki wrote: »
    Those that keep saying "as long as it fits my goals" yeah..that's the point of the substitutes. I'd rather an entire bowl of popcorn over 5 chips, because who eats 5 chips? The point the OP is making, is if you still crave the crunch, here's some alternatives to chips.

Exactly.

I can't wait to try the salt and vinegar. Mmmm, salt and vinegar!

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I love cracker chips! The sour cream and Onion. They remind me of Oboise chips.
  • EnriqueLuviano
    EnriqueLuviano Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Quest nutrition chips have the best macros
  • Tamlyngo
    Tamlyngo Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Salty is my downfall! Love these with a little hummas or salsa!!!