Bras for bustier ladies

Options
Hi all!

I need a new, sturdier bra. I usually wear two C9 bras from Target, however, I just started a couch to 5K and need something for running.

I also have a scar on my chest. I got a mole removed because it was precancerous, and the healing process didn't go well.

Running makes my lack of mole hurt without a proper bra. You can see it below.

4h54eiykophc.jpg

Replies

• MsValerieAnne
    MsValerieAnne Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You can try the company/site Woman Within. They may not have a huge selection but they have some... they even have a special going on at the moment if you spend $25 on their 'Full Beauty' fitness line you get a free gym bag.
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • half12345
    half12345 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store. They have a good selection. I'm a dd and was surprised by the options they had. Both comfort and coverage. So much of the crap I tried at sports authority and the like left my boobs half out and not secure. A good sports bra isn't cheap but if you hand wash and only need to use one per workout, versus the two you use now, it's a good investment. Good luck!
  • Tamlyngo
    Tamlyngo Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My favs:

Sport Incredible By Victorias Secret Sport Bra!

Nike PRO Women's Compression DRI-FIT Sports Bra

I've had recent breast surgery and find that wearing sports bras that are really snug, almost too small are helpful. The key is to decreases breast movement during exercise.
  • Fivefarthings
    Fivefarthings Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Not sure if they do them in the US but I use Shock Absorber sports bras. I'm a DD, I go spinning, running, weight lifting etc, and my boobs literally don't move an inch when wearing one, those babies are totally strapped down! Have a look to see if you can get them where you are, I usually don't recommend stuff but these bras really are great, been wearing them for years!
  • z304
    z304 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Not sure how you feel about Lululemon, but I run in their Ta Ta Tamer bra. Love that it doesn't have stretchy parts so you can cinch it down and stop bouncing. I think I've had it for 3 years at this point and it's still holding up well (as opposed to more traditional sports bras I had where stretchy parts wore out).
  • ladyrixx
    ladyrixx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'd check the Woman Within. I'm a 42F and really like anything labelled "medium" or "high" impact. If I wear anything else to do pretty much anything (yard work, walking...) it kills my back.
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Go to Victoria's Secret and get either the Incredible sport bra or the knockout which is a front close sport bra. I am a ddd and have done spin, ran marathons and lifted in them. They both are comfortable and give shape without the dreaded 'uniboob', and no jiggling!!!! Or you could try Moving Comfort sport bras....that is what I used before I discovered the Vsx sport bras at Victorias Secret.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber for dd plus is fantastic. I wear a 32f. As long as you get one tight enough around the ribs it's brilliant. I can jump all over the place without giving myself a black eye.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest the following it's a great guide and resource:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/sports_bras

Also, have you tried silicone strips on your scar? It may help since it's a keloid scar!
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I really feel like MFP needs to stickie a topic about sports bras for big boobs (I know I've responded to like 4 in the past week).

- Shock Absorber
    - Glamorise
    - Panache
    - Moving Comfort

All available on Amazon at a lower price than in the store, and will support you a hell of a lot more than anything form Target ever would. :)
  • rhonda72bear
    rhonda72bear Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Very large breasted and I got my sports bra from Kohls. Its Champion brand and it does the job. I really like it, have had it for about six months now and will get another one soon. However I don't necessarily NEED a new one because the one I have is holding up well. It was about $36.oo!
  • wshb
    wshb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Elomi Brand - Found at Nordstrom is probably one of the best sports/exercise bras I have found over the years. Top notch quality - underwire and built to keep the breasts separate (minimizing boob sweat/rub) and amazing support. Just took their new one out for spin last night with my trainer. All sorts of jumping, climbing and hopping around and I actually forgot it was on. I'm a 40H and was an Intimates Sales Manager at Macy's for years back in the day... so I've tried them all.

Link: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/elomi-energise-sports-bra-dd-cup-up-online-only/3029997?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=POMEGRANATE&resultback=342

The other place to hunt for a total NO MOVEMENT bra is in the horseback riding world. Nothing can ruin a good ride like boob jiggle. This one could stop anything - http://www.equestriancollections.com/product.asp?groupcode=EN00004 However, it may not work with your healing scar... it comes up pretty tall in the back. Helps posture, has very nice wide straps and keeps "the girls" completely contained. No spilling out the sides or top.
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

Also, have you tried silicone strips on your scar? It may help since it's a keloid scar!

No, I haven't even heard of this. Thank you!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    z314 wrote: »
    Not sure how you feel about Lululemon, but I run in their Ta Ta Tamer bra. Love that it doesn't have stretchy parts so you can cinch it down and stop bouncing. I think I've had it for 3 years at this point and it's still holding up well (as opposed to more traditional sports bras I had where stretchy parts wore out).

Me too. I love my ta ta tamers. I've also recently discovered the All-Sport from LuLu which I also like, but the TaTaTamer is better at keeping the dreaded uni-boob at bay.
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    I really feel like MFP needs to stickie a topic about sports bras for big boobs (I know I've responded to like 4 in the past week).

Thank you! I am using the community feature on my phone so it was easier for me to post a new thread.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for awhile now but I don't have the "top boob" part so much :( Nothing is fitting me. I'm anti lulu because they refuse to make anything larger than a 12 (before they did a 14 but not anymore as far as I know) because of their brand appearance (on thinner people)...groan.

Thanks for posting the thread because I can't get enough tips for finding sports bras. I also heard you measure above the boobs for band size sometimes. I always thought it was under boobs. So confused, haha.

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

All available on Amazon at a lower price than in the store, and will support you a hell of a lot more than anything form Target ever would. :)

champion is fantastic. and keeps me all tucked in. they also have online versions that I think are even sturdier. if you can get them at kohls watch for sales and have your kohls cash. I only buy champion right now

I went to a running store and tried on the nike and underarmor and saucony and a few others and they were pure torture.
    I don't buy anything VS because nothing I buy there lasts.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    I have been looking for awhile now but I don't have the "top boob" part so much :( Nothing is fitting me. I'm anti lulu because they refuse to make anything larger than a 12 (before they did a 14 but not anymore as far as I know) because of their brand appearance (on thinner people)...groan.

Thanks for posting the thread because I can't get enough tips for finding sports bras. I also heard you measure above the boobs for band size sometimes. I always thought it was under boobs. So confused, haha.

depends on what you are measuring
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I recently bought New Balance Shockingly Unshockingly Bras. The best I've ever owned!