Bras for bustier ladies

Options

Replies

• smithie092015
    smithie092015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I second Moving Comfort. The Maia bra in particular is fantastic. I'm a runner and I swear by it.
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly enough, one of my favorite bras came from Lane Bryant. They sized me, they helped me try several on and the one I took home is fantastic. I was a 38dd. I'm a bit smaller now but haven't been sized since my loss. It still works well. I run and have done Insanity with it. Great bras and awesome staff.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Enell. They are spending but great. Can sometimes find them on sale at DiscountBras.com with unnoticeable defects. They have nontraditional sizing so you need to know that first.
  • FeelsLikeAwesome
    FeelsLikeAwesome Posts: 39 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Panache!!

All others Ive tried I still need to wear two for support. Its the only one that can do the job for me.

The others I tried that I remember are Enell, shock absorber, champion, and some brand with bounce in the name.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've bought from Allure & things worked out very well. They do fittings, if you can get to their store.
    (And once you know your size, look on ebay.)
    http://www.allurefits.com/
    They have bras for everyday wear, and for sports, and advertise "32A to 48K".

For brands, I've liked Elomi (which Allure sells), but people are shaped differently.
    They also make swimsuits, with the same quality, supportive construction used in their regular underwear!!

Get fitted.
    I was a smaller band & much larger cup than I'd ever thought. Once I was wearing a bra that actually fit,
    I almost didn't want to take it off... and that's saying a LOT.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I really feel like MFP needs to stickie a topic about sports bras for big boobs (I know I've responded to like 4 in the past week).

- Shock Absorber
    - Glamorise
    - Panache
    - Moving Comfort

All available on Amazon at a lower price than in the store, and will support you a hell of a lot more than anything form Target ever would. :)

Another vote for Moving Comfort. The one I wear is the Moving Comfort Jubralee. And yes, it is cheaper on Amazon.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I wear a 32G in regular bras but a 34F in this sport bra. The twins don't move and it's low enough in the front that I don't think it would mess with your scar if that's an issue. Yes they are in England BUT they have AMAZING customer service and will extend return times and such for their overseas customers. I have ONLY bought from them for the last few years for both sport and everyday bras. I have this in two different colors.

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sports-bras/max-sports-bra/black-white/be53bw/?level=1
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    32FF here. I just bought the Panache sports bra and I love it! Plus, you still have two boobs when you wear it.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    HerRoom.com or BareNecessities. They have lots of options in all sizes and even in fun colors!

I currently love this Freya one (38DD): http://www.herroom.com/freya-aa4892-active-underwire-molded-spacer-sports-bra.shtml
    It is great for exercise. There is a clip in the back to convert to a cross-strap back bra. I use that for running and high impact activities. Otherwise, I just use the regular straps. Comfy, colorful, and two boobs!

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I really feel like MFP needs to stickie a topic about sports bras for big boobs (I know I've responded to like 4 in the past week).

- Shock Absorber
    - Glamorise
    - Panache
    - Moving Comfort

All available on Amazon at a lower price than in the store, and will support you a hell of a lot more than anything form Target ever would. :)

I am currently using the Glamorise bras, I love them. I have also had good luck with Moving Comfort. As a 44DD and avid elliptical fan I need good control.
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome!
  • cristical
    cristical Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have a half moon by modern movement and im very large busted and it is THE BEST sports bra i have found. I got it in the clarence section at dillards. I used to have to wear an underwire bra AND a sports bra. That was extremely uncomfortable. This bra has no wire, but is very supportive and so comfortable that I wear it probably more often than I should haha
  • cristical
    edited July 2015
    Options
    wshb wrote: »
    Elomi Brand - Found at Nordstrom is probably one of the best sports/exercise bras I have found over the years. Top notch quality - underwire and built to keep the breasts separate (minimizing boob sweat/rub) and amazing support. Just took their new one out for spin last night with my trainer. All sorts of jumping, climbing and hopping around and I actually forgot it was on. I'm a 40H and was an Intimates Sales Manager at Macy's for years back in the day... so I've tried them all.

Link: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/elomi-energise-sports-bra-dd-cup-up-online-only/3029997?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=POMEGRANATE&resultback=342

The other place to hunt for a total NO MOVEMENT bra is in the horseback riding world. Nothing can ruin a good ride like boob jiggle. This one could stop anything - http://www.equestriancollections.com/product.asp?groupcode=EN00004 However, it may not work with your healing scar... it comes up pretty tall in the back. Helps posture, has very nice wide straps and keeps "the girls" completely contained. No spilling out the sides or top.

Besides my sports bras, Elomi is all i wear. I loveee them. I always had issues with wires poking me due to me being a 36 band with an H cup ( yes H, fml). They have some low wire bras that are amazingggg!!

• cristical
    Options
    Freya, panche and Elomi (all mentioned before ofcourse) has pretty bras for bigger breasts, but again due to my small frame the panche and freya kill me with wires. I wish I could wear some of Freya's, especially their swim suits!
  • cristical
    Options
    cristical wrote: »
    The exact one I have
    wshb wrote: »
    Elomi Brand - Found at Nordstrom is probably one of the best sports/exercise bras I have found over the years. Top notch quality - underwire and built to keep the breasts separate (minimizing boob sweat/rub) and amazing support. Just took their new one out for spin last night with my trainer. All sorts of jumping, climbing and hopping around and I actually forgot it was on. I'm a 40H and was an Intimates Sales Manager at Macy's for years back in the day... so I've tried them all.

Link: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/elomi-energise-sports-bra-dd-cup-up-online-only/3029997?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=POMEGRANATE&resultback=342

The other place to hunt for a total NO MOVEMENT bra is in the horseback riding world. Nothing can ruin a good ride like boob jiggle. This one could stop anything - http://www.equestriancollections.com/product.asp?groupcode=EN00004 However, it may not work with your healing scar... it comes up pretty tall in the back. Helps posture, has very nice wide straps and keeps "the girls" completely contained. No spilling out the sides or top.

Besides my sports bras, Elomi is all i wear. I loveee them. I always had issues with wires poking me due to me being a 36 band with an H cup ( yes H, fml). They have some low wire bras that are amazingggg!!
    oh you are an h too! Hugs you tight haha

• ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have a half moon by modern movement and im very large busted and it is THE BEST sports bra i have found. I got it in the clarence section at dillards. I used to have to wear an underwire bra AND a sports bra. That was extremely uncomfortable. This bra has no wire, but is very supportive and so comfortable that I wear it probably more often than I should haha

Thank you.
  • vadersaysno
    vadersaysno Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    My wife is pretty busty...I'll check on which ones she wears and post on here. She's really happy with them and they give her great support (she's 38DDD).
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Freya, panche and Elomi (all mentioned before ofcourse) has pretty bras for bigger breasts, but again due to my small frame the panche and freya kill me with wires. I wish I could wear some of Freya's, especially their swim suits!

Yikes, that sucks!! I'm smaller ribcaged (I wear a 34F) and absolutely love Freya bras! :(
  • JaedynKelling2015
    JaedynKelling2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You should double up! I wear two sports bras!
  • dinsfamily
    dinsfamily Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Just responded about this on another threat this morning. I love Moving Comfort bras (I use the Juno and Juralee) and Lululemon's Ta-ta Tamer. I'm a 34DD and they keep everything in place during my runs. Makes all the difference to get a good one!