I need some weight loss tips? nothing is working!

Options
ariana5117
ariana5117 Posts: 13 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Anything helps :)

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Read the 1st sticky post in this forum called "Most Helpful Posts"
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    Options
    Have you gone through the first announcement post in the group and read the first few posts in the stickied threads it references yet? Sexypants first post? Accurate calorie counting? Etc?
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You need to give a little more information for help. Like your current weight--height, etc. and how much you want to lose--then you'll get some answers.
  • ariana5117
    Options
    Well I am 5'2 and I weigh 133. I'd like to be 115-120 :) I'd like just tips in general. :)
  • simply_bubbz
    simply_bubbz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yeah the stickies wld def help
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    eat less and move more
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    hearthwood wrote: »
    You need to give a little more information for help. Like your current weight--height, etc. and how much you want to lose--then you'll get some answers.

no, she needs to read the stickies.
  • ariana5117
    Options
    That's the thing I lost ten pounds like it was nothing but now I'm stuck. I do move a lot, well I'd like to think so. I went on a 6 mile bike ride today. I eat pretty healthy too most days. Some days I have minor set backs. I just can't seem to break 133.
  • ariana5117
    Options
    Reading the stickies now. :smiley:
  • Katetw
    Katetw Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Count calories. Every single thing you eat. You can eat healthy food but too much. When it comes to being healthy what you eat matters a lot--but when it comes to losing weight ALL that matters is calories. Figure out how many calories you get to eat a day to lose a pound a week (MFP can do that for you) and then WEIGH EVERYTHING. No rounded cups. No eyeballing. Count every calorie you consume. If you do not go over the cal goal that MFP gives you, then you will lose weight. Just like that. It's not easy--but it's simple.

Also--be very very careful eating exercise calories back. Both MFP and the cardio machines (if you use them) vastly overestimate calories burned. So if you ate them all back you would actually gain. What I do is take the number the cardio machine gives me, divide it by 3, and eat that back.

Good luck!
  • ariana5117
    Options
    Katetw wrote: »
    Count calories. Every single thing you eat. You can eat healthy food but too much. When it comes to being healthy what you eat matters a lot--but when it comes to losing weight ALL that matters is calories. Figure out how many calories you get to eat a day to lose a pound a week (MFP can do that for you) and then WEIGH EVERYTHING. No rounded cups. No eyeballing. Count every calorie you consume. If you do not go over the cal goal that MFP gives you, then you will lose weight. Just like that. It's not easy--but it's simple.

Also--be very very careful eating exercise calories back. Both MFP and the cardio machines (if you use them) vastly overestimate calories burned. So if you ate them all back you would actually gain. What I do is take the number the cardio machine gives me, divide it by 3, and eat that back.

Good luck!

Thank you for the tips :)
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale, weigh and log everything.

Do cardio if you want, and if you do, only eat back 50% of your calories (if you are losing faster than expected after logging for a few weeks, then up the % you eat back). Lift weights and hit your protein goal to help maintain muscle mass while losing.

Cheat meals that take you over maintenance will sabotage your efforts. Log the cheat meals too (falls under the 'log everything' rule).

Eat anything you want in moderation, keeping in mind that your diet will be easier to stick with if you chose foods that make it easier to stay under your calories without feeling hungry.

Also it would be a good idea to read some of the best forum posts such as:
    Calorie Counting 101
    Logging Accuracy, Consistency, & You're Probably Eating More Than You Think
    A Guide To Get You Started on Your Path To Sexy Pants
  • ariana5117
    Options
    Thank you so much! I also have another question it might be a stupid one but is drinking a protein shake before bed bad or good for weight loss?
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    It will only make a difference in that it has calories, since weight loss is about maintaining a calorie deficit. If you have room in your calories based on the instructions I posted above, and you need the protein, go for it.
  • ariana5117
    Options
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Irrelevant other than helping you meet your protein macro. Timing of protein may have a minor effect in conjunction with exercise to minimize muscle loss.
  • EnriqueLuviano
    EnriqueLuviano Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Definitely buy a food scale like stated above, track macros and lift weights. That's the best way to lose body fat. I would start with a 40/40/20 macro split and adjust it from there. 40%carb 40%protein and 20% fat.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Is sexypants no longer a sticky?????!!!!!!!
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Is sexypants no longer a sticky?????!!!!!!!

All the good ones are no longer stickied, just mentioned in the huge list. Not helpful, how is anyone new supposed to know which ones are better, and which ones should never have been on the list? Anyway, start with the three that I linked, OP! I wouldn't read any of the others until you get the basics down. Too much clutter, follow the KISS rule. Keep it simple. Calories rule the school.