Natural ways to stop bloating...

Options
I'm looking for natural ways to get rid of bloating.. I'm currently using a supplement that is just like diurex water capsules. But I feel like it doesn't work as well like I want it to.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Drink lot's of water.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Some foods are naturally diuretic - asparagus and dandelion greens, and the lacy greens that you find with carrots that haven't been packaged come to mind.

• DayByDayGetStronger
    DayByDayGetStronger Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Drink water..I know it doesn't make sense, but water follows water. I am the bloating queen and can gain 3-5lbs during ovulation then again before my cycle. Sometimes I get bloated AFTER my cycle instead of the week prior. Being a girl sucks sometimes. Wait until you're in your mid 40's, you really enjoy the great effects of pre-menopause. It's super fun...NOT. Try to avoid indulging in crazy high sodium foods, of course, too when you're bloated. ----Your friendly dietitian
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    RaspberryTickleChicken Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Another thing to take into account is take a look at your foods.

Some very healthy foods naturally promotes bloating & gas in certain individuals. Google FODMAP.

I was eating pretty healthy but continued to constantly feel bloated and blarg ... once I started to edit what I was eating I started to feel much better - bloat free.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    My husband has that problem - and it can be indicative long term of risk for diverticulitis. He takes metamucil - a natural fiber you can buy at any drugstore - every night. It helps a LOT. Lowering your carbs will help reduce water retention. If you find you bloat after eating relatively more fat, lower it.
  • tequila5000
    tequila5000 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i have had luck with eating raw celery.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Another thing to take into account is take a look at your foods.

Some very healthy foods naturally promotes bloating & gas in certain individuals. Google FODMAP.

I was eating pretty healthy but continued to constantly feel bloated and blarg ... once I started to edit what I was eating I started to feel much better - bloat free.

I second this - I have horrific bloating and digestion issues GERD, gastritis and gastroparesis (where food doesn't move through your digestive track quickly enough). What works for me is sticking to a lowish carb FODMAPS diet.

It is pretty restrictive but not as bad as looking 6 months pregnant after every meal and having horrible gas.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    The more you drink water, the less your body feels the need to store, thus reducing bloating. So drink lots of water and be prepared to pee a lot over the next few days! If it isn't water retention that's causing your bloating, I've found mint/peppermint tea helps reduce bloating. I have one after a meal if I feel bloated, so that's worth a try.
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should consider supplemental probiotics. Yogurt can help and other multi-strain probiotic may introduce a good bug that works for you. Maybe some of your good bugs got squashed by illness or antibiotics.

And previous comments to lower carbs, salt and sugar, are great because they all cause higher water retention.

But "drink more water" will not reduce bloat by gas or water. Come on.
  • TrinityR05
    TrinityR05 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What helped me with bloating is eating a gluten free diet, cutting out white bread and pasta, etc., eating mostly proteins, veggies, fruits, nuts, drinking water and lemon water really helps me with stomach bloat in general. I drink a lemon water daily. I also cut out a lot of dairy and I use almond milk in my coffee instead of regular milk.