help. am at a loss

Options
Lost over 30 kilos doing simply 30mins pilates a day so decided to up the anti by cycling an hour a day on a stationary bike (around 17kph). however I now feel I have a huge yummy and have gone flabby. Whay combination would give me the best routine? Am lodimg hope x)

Replies

• AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Weightloss happens in the kitchen.
    Exercise is for fitness.

An hour of cycling is great for your cardiovascular system, it should however not be used to increase your calorie deficit.
    Eat back your exercise calories.
    If you were already doing that, but are still hungry, try eating foods that make you feel full for a low amount of calories.

So, best routine is one that you like doing and motivates you to get fitter.
  • wildsparkle
    wildsparkle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    So basically should not calculate the cycling calories to be able to eat more? Because that would be an extra 190 calories that I was adding to my intake! How come I can't eat these extra calories? When can I count the extra calories and when shouldn't I? thanks so much for the help
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    So basically should not calculate the cycling calories to be able to eat more? Because that would be an extra 190 calories that I was adding to my intake! How come I can't eat these extra calories? When can I count the extra calories and when shouldn't I? thanks so much for the help

Read it again.
    You should be eating back your exercise calories.

Some people wrongly do not eat back exercise calories because they want to lose weight faster. This is wrong.
    Every calorie burned by doing exercise should be eaten above your normal calories. There is however one but, MFP overestimates calories burned. So eat back only half the calories MFP gives you.

If you do this and are still hungry, try eating foods that are more filling but don't have many calories.
  • lynn1643
    lynn1643 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You could also cut back on the cycling by half an hour then add some weights (you dont have to start super heavy) to your routine. There are some great exercise videos or classes at the gym.
  • wildsparkle
    Options
    Thanks Lynn! This would be the best option! Do you think I should 'count' the calories burnt on the bike or not? Gym is not an option as we live nowhere near one...
  • wildsparkle
    Options
    Oops re read re calorie count. So shall continue eating back but with a more conservative approach. does 90 cal per half hour of 16 mph stationary bike sound right?x