taking the first step

Options
Mrsdaddymoe
Mrsdaddymoe Posts: 15 Member
I woke up this morning with my mouth set on a BLT with scrambled eggs and cheese, my usual morning meal. But after seeing that it blows my calorie intake through the roof for the day, I forcefully willed myself to make a better choice... And I do mean forcefully

Replies

• HeatherCrazyCat
    HeatherCrazyCat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well done on making that positive change!
    If there is one thing you can be sure of, it is that as the weeks go by, making positive changes becomes easier as you see the difference these changes are making to your wellbeing. Honestly, it will come :)
    In the meantime, you can always try some swaps, so you don't feel as though you're missing out? If you grill a rasher or two of lean bacon, served with some poached eggs and loads of grilled tomatoes and a small slice of bread/toast (add beans or mushrooms too to bulk it out if you want) then you can have a substantial breakfast without so many calories?
    Good luck!
  • Mrsdaddymoe
    Mrsdaddymoe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    @HeatherCrazyCat OMG that sounds so good! Yeah, I don't want to deprive myself, I just want to do better. Thanks so much for your advice, I'll m cling trying that in the morning... Poached eggs will definitely be something new to me
  • HeatherCrazyCat
    HeatherCrazyCat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey, no problem, I'm glad to help :)
    I hope that you enjoy it!
  • Steve_ApexNC
    Steve_ApexNC Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    congrats on the will power and first steps. I too understand the draw of a nice egg and cheese sandwich - a favorite of mine. You can get Pepperidge Farms Light breads which are only 45 calories per slice which is over half off from a regular piece of bread. I shudder to know what the average bagel runs. I use egg beaters most of the time (although eggs are not high calorie in and of themselves as long as you don't fry them up in a pile of butter) as the substitute is only 25 calories and fat free. You can layer a tomato on that and some fresh herbs (cilantro or basil or whatever you like) and have a pretty darn good sandwich for under 150c. I am also known to use Morning star hot and spicy sausage but I have never tried their bacon. You might give their bacon sub a try (it won't be perfect, but it may satisify. and, it may not). I have never tried any cheese substitutes. I love cheese, but not that processes slab of yellow fat on a sheet of plastic called American cheese; that tastes like garbage. I mean real cheese like a good aged cheddar. It is one thing I have severely restricted since I started my diet as it just takes a huge chunk of my daily calorie budget.

anyway - great job. THe first modifications are hard, but as you discover new things that you love you don't miss the old stuff quite as much.

bread:
    http://www.pepperidgefarm.com/ProductDetail.aspx?catID=754